Head of Facilities and Property ManagementBack to Vacancies List
Head of Facilities and Property Management
Up to £85,000 + Excellent Pension, Bonus & Package
Our client is a unique success story, with far reaching experience and responsibilities. They are now looking to recruit this highly visible role that will be tasked with leading, maintaining and developing a breadth of responsibility across Facilities Management, Strategy and Property
In this exciting and challenging role you will be responsible for the leadership, strategic planning, management and development of the Facilities team covering the property portfolio.
Through your team you will ensure the safe, effective and efficient management of the estate across the UK to provide a high quality total facilities and property management service including: management of landlord and tenant relationships, effective supplier management, buildings and premises management, planned maintenance, ensuring compliance with health & safety requirements, energy efficiency, procurement, waste management, environmental impact, security, reprographics, reception, switchboard and concierge services in addition to managing key projects.
You will be a strong leader bringing a strategic perspective, tactical and technical property & facilities management knowledge and experience, an understanding and appreciation of relevant legislation and regulations, and demonstrable experience of managing teams delivering excellence in facilities management across both hard and soft services.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements
- Provide strategic leadership, strong business acumen and have an ability to develop and manage complex business plans whilst driving operational excellence.
- Lead, manage, mentor and direct where necessary the Facilities Team in delivering high quality best in class facilities management services
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and legislation
- Develop and define key property and facilities management operational goals and strategies
- Enhance operational capabilities, operational efficiencies, safe working practices, team development and effectiveness across all areas of facilities management operations
- Budget responsibilities with ownership and control of a Facilities budget – c.£14m per annum.
- Drive and seek innovative measures to actively increase efficiency, reduce costs and eliminate waste.
For success you will be able to demonstrate experience at a senior level role with proven strategic, operational and technical property and facilities management ability.
- An ability to develop and oversee a full Facilities function whilst driving operational excellence.
- A track record of successful management of both outsourced and in-house delivery models.
- Proven experience leading negotiations with solid planning and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen and excellent financial management capabilities.
- Well-developed and credible leadership credentials to lead and motivate a multidisciplinary team.
- A passion for providing excellent, customer-focused services.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Experience of working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Skilled at procurement
- Professional Facilities Management qualification
- Qualified Engineer is desirable or the ability to demonstrate equivalent skills
- Health & Safety qualified is highly desirable.