Technical Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
This is a really exciting career opportunity for a technically focused senior manager to drive and support our client’s high profile PFI contract based in Essex
You will be accountable for leading a large and highly competent management team with the responsibility for up to £9million turnover and the management of all technical services including mechanical and electrical engineering,
We are looking for a leader who can build solid relationships with Service partners and attend regular planned meetings where appropriate and ensure full co-operation as and when required. Ideally you will have had a wealth of experience in delivering hard services and have managed large teams and high turnover.
- Responsible for the delivery of all on-site technical services, including engineering support, specified in contract requirements and obligations
- Accountable for 38 team members including 6 manager and £9million turnover
- Support the Contract Director in the development of technical services business strategy in line with current and emerging client needs
- Manage the delivery of all processes, systems and technical resources to deliver services in a safe and effective way, ensuring the timely execution and completion of all works and other tasks relating to the contract deliverables
- Deliver all service offers contained within the client contract and draw upon Centres of Excellence when appropriate
- Sell additional technical services and increase revenue growth of the contract through
- integration, innovation and efficiencies within the full client portfolio.
- Host existing and prospective client visits as well as the clients internal stakeholders.
- Maximise the profitability of the operation by optimising best value and delivering agreed budget and business plan
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong technical ability and experience
- Senior general management and leadership skills.
- High standard of communication to enable liaison with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Membership of professional bodies such as CIBSE, BIFM, IET
- Detailed understanding of Mechanical building services, their design, operation and maintenance
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office and other It systems
- Ability to interpret and utilise financial and commercial information
- Ability to manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities in a demanding environment
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate