Building Services EngineerBack to Vacancies List
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Building Services Engineer to work directly for our prestigious client within the Educational sector.
The role will sit within the Engineering and Maintenance department and will provide a range of mechanical and electrical engineering support to the maintenance, development and project teams across their extensive estate.
Acting as focal point on maintenance issues for departments across the portfolio as required.
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate and deliver projects/tasks; ensuring customer focused solutions and delivery.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers
- Procure, commission and manage a range of services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate.
- Draft minor project briefs and documentation, specifications and service standards
- Carry out pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations etc.
- Manage and undertake inspections, surveys, risk assessments, feasibility studies and diagnostic fault finding
- Maintain up to date knowledge to carry out professional services activities e.g. Dilapidation assessments, insurance assessment and claims
- Manage delegated budgets for assigned programmes and service provisions.
- Drive Contactor management (Financial, Quality, Site management/safety, and Performance) taking ownership as the client representative on project works, service delivery within role.
- Relevant professional qualification and experience.
- Extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge including the management of maintenance operations using contractors and directly employed staff
- Maintenance operations management experience within a large multi- site organisation
- Project management, contract procurement and service management in changing environment.
- Clean driving license and a willingness / flexibility to work outside of contracted hours.
- Educated to degree status and membership of relevant professional body.
- Conversant with developments in sustainability and environmental issues
- Budget management experience
If you hold a technical qualification and have the relevant experience as stated above, please contact Ashley on 0207 118 4848 or send your CV to CV@maxwellstephens.com.