Soft Services Manager (Client Direct)Back to Vacancies List
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Management, in this new and exciting role you will be responsible for managing the soft services to this globally renowned venue all year round and support regular functions and major annual events.
You will provide a positive experience for all staff and visitors through the provision of a clean
and well maintained environment.
This new role has been created to provide a real focus on the buildings and grounds to ensure they are maintained to a high standard. The current service is provided through a combination of specialist’s suppliers and the in house team.
- To manage the soft service providers and 5 in house maintenance personnel
- To review all contracts and processes developing new SLA’s / KPI’s
- The create an enhanced service level in line with the current Club expectations
- To improve service and response for minor maintenance activities and porterage
- To improve customer experience of the helpdesk and provide greater clarity on statistics through reporting
- Create a waste disposal strategy with a clear recycling policy
- Excellent planning, organisational, and delivery skills and to be comfortable with periods of pressure.
- Leadership skills to manage contractors, sub-contractors and consultants to meet clear deadlines.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Membership of a recognised Institute is desirable
- Experience of working within a client organisation would be desirable.
- Up to date IT skills – competent use of Microsoft Project or Asta Powerproject, Excel, Word, Outlook – are required.
- Experience in a major venue is essential
- A recognised qualification in an environmental area is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work successfully across a broad spectrum of stakeholders including consultants, contractors, public and staff.
- The Soft Services Manager must be able to demonstrate experience of managing soft services within a Facilities Management department or an FM service provider through service providers and directly employed teams. Understand the roles FM suppliers play and the interaction between the services they provide and the interaction with the in house team. The setting and monitoring of financial control standards and systems to meet performance and regulatory compliance is essential.