Facilities Assistant (Apprenticeship Opportunity – 1 year FTC)Back to Vacancies List
An excellent development opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Facilities Assistant looking to gain experience and qualifications. Our client, a financial services organisation are offering a 1 year FTC apprenticeship opportunity to work within their professional environment whilst gaining qualifications in Facilities Management.
In the role of Facilities Assistant, you will be required to support Facilities Manager in the operational management of the office including but not limited to: mailroom services, reception cover, desk moves, ordering of office supplies, general maintenance and upkeep of shared areas.
- Undertake mailroom services – collection, sorting, distribution and franking of all post
- Conduct regular checking, ordering and organisation of office supplies.
- Arrange offsite storage and retrieval of documents.
- Keep the shared areas clean and tidy ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Requirements.
- Manage any desk moves.
- Update the floor plan for the office.
- Oversee waste disposal and recycling.
- Carry out front of house services and to cover core Reception staff during absence or busy periods as necessary.
- Manual lifting and moving of deliveries.
- Manage the facilities aspects of new joiner and leaver processes.
- Review annual insurance policies (combined commercial insurance and public liability).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility with a willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- A positive, cheerful, can-do attitude even when carrying out routine tasks.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload whilst responding to urgent requests as they arise.
- Strong communication skills; both verbally and written
- Mature, confident and professional approach to work.
Whilst working, you will also be provided with training in order to gain BIFM Level 1 and 2. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated individual who wants to pursue a career within Facilities Management.
For more information on this position, please contact Ashley on 0207 118 4848.