Head of Facilities and Project Management EMEA (Financial Services Client Direct)Back to Vacancies List
Reporting to senior management level this role has a pivotal role in shaping our clients current and future strategies and policies directly affecting the efficiency of utilisation of our client’s premises.
The role has the overall responsibility for developing and recommending for approval our clients Space Allocation and Facilities Management strategies, which influence the ways in which our client operates and directly impacts our client’s effectiveness and efficiency.
The role will support and contribute to our client’s long term real estate strategy by providing the essential component of the space allocation approach at the design and implementation stage, hence directly shaping the Real Estate portfolio of our client. The role interacts with corporate management and represents our client in dealings with external partners, such as contractors, planners, legal experts.
This role devises and leads office space and facilities change efforts to ensure required flexibility in efficient and effective response to our clients evolving objectives. Within this functional area, and inter-departmentally, the role leads efforts to develop models and approaches aiming at improvement of the Bank’s overall effectiveness and efficiency in use of its resources.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Lead the departmental effort in the development and implementation of long term strategies and policies entrusted to the department, in particular:
- HQ Space Allocation strategy
- HQ Facilities Management and engineering projects
- Support the development and implementation of the Bank’s Real Estate strategy
- Leads the Bank’s space allocation change/improvement programme to ensure the best possible utilisation of resources
- Accountable for development and execution of annual budgets of the functional area, in the context of the overall departmental governance, to ensure efficient use of resources
- Responsible for developing, implementing and gaining approval for long term maintenance programmes for the Bank’s premises and delivery of corporate support services e.g. project management, engineering project and maintenance.
- Responsible for audio-visual support of all Bank’s offices globally and for devising video-conferencing approaches with the aim of increasing efficiencies and reduce travel cost.
- Responsible for directing all procurement related activities of the division and contractual agreements in support of the divisional activities.
- Promote and develop innovative approaches leading to constant improvement of service of the division to the Bank.
- Develop the space planning framework and tools to gain internal approval and support the design and implementation of the long term space allocation policy.
- Responsible for project design and control within the division to ensure duties are discharged within time and budget.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- University degree in facilities management, engineering or related field. Experience in real estate would be an asset
- Extensive experience in developing and leading space allocation strategies, ideally in similar functions in multinational and culturally diverse institutions.
- Extensive experience in leading, substantially supporting and contributing to change management on institutional level
- Ability to formulate strategies and gain buy-in at senior management levels and to lead and influence change.
- Ability to successfully prioritise and resolve objectives and priorities.
- Excellent ability to draft and present executive documents
- Successful record of managing a diverse team of professionals
- Experience in preparing budget proposals and r contractual activities in the related areas.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Ability to successfully analyse and resolve complex technical problems
- Good ability to negotiate complex agreements both, externally and internally
- Political, multi-cultural and commercial awareness.
We seek an exceptional senior leader who is experienced and credible at a senior level within the FM and Space Management industry globally. For a further informal and confidential conversation please speak to Peter Forshaw OR Dominique Bradley on 020 7118 4848 or email an application to email@example.com