Project Support OfficerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading organisation with an immediate requirement for a Project Support Officer. The role will be an initial 3 month contract with the possibility to go permanent.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to further develop their career within project management as long term training is offered.
The Project Support Officer role is to support project and programme managers across the site. The Role Holder will work both independently and in coordination with other project/programme management roles. The role focuses on the administration of projects and programmes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Project Officers in the completion of documentation required by the client’s governance processes through collating information; obtaining authorisations; proof reading paperwork for submission etc.
- Assist with the creation and/or completion of regular project templates and tracking documentation as required; Create and/or monitor project plans & schedules Gantt Charts, process maps, risk & issue logs and other project documentation as required
- Maintain project organization charts and key stakeholder contacts and distribution lists as required from the project communications plan.
- Support the version and change control process for the project.
- Attend meetings when required; Produce concise and accurate minutes and maintain action logs from project and other internal meetings, ensuring prompt circulation and follow-up on action points as directed.
- Support with project financials and budget documentation, liaising with Finance Division staff as necessary.
- Support in assisting with the completion of stage-gate documents throughout the project lifecycle and monthly reports
- Act as a key point of contact for the project or programme.
- Assist with active management of project schedules, risk registers and monitoring internal and external inter-dependencies within and across programmes and/or projects.
- Good standard of education; highly literate and numerate
- Excellent IT skills in the MS Office suite (Intermediate Microsoft Project User)
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to a wide range of people at all levels including complex and/or technical issues to non-specialists
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
- Commitment to supporting change and securing continuous business improvement projects
- Ability to service meetings and events; take concise minutes and action notes. Proactively follow up on action points.
- Accurate and methodical with strong attention to detail
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile