Support Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are one of the world’s most well-known and prestigious brands.
Due to a re-organisation, the company are now looking for this role to manage the soft services (predominately cleaning) within the Facilities Management department. You will provide a positive experience for all employees and visitors through the provision of a clean and well maintained environment.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Management you will support the current operation. This new position of Support Services Manager has been created to provide a real focus on the buildings and grounds to ensure they are maintained to a high standard.
- Manage the incumbent cleaning supplier and specialist cleaning suppliers.
- Review the current cleaning schedules and identify areas for improvement, working with the incumbent suppliers to create revised processes and schedules with clear all year round improvements.
- Carry out a review of all current cleaning contracts, identifying areas for improvement and obtaining a clear understanding of the services provided and the charges applied.
- Review the current waste disposal process and create a strategy with clear targets for reductions in landfill. Develop a waste recycling policy with waste stream figurers published monthly and an annual waste statement detailing the current year and targets for the following year.
- Developing in conjunction with the FM team SLA’s / KPI’s
- Manage the in house team of general maintenance operatives, porters and loading bay supervisors (currently 5 operatives)
- Develop a stock control system
- Supporting the FM management team in the preparation and management of budgets.
- Carry out a review of the current helpdesk facility to develop a programme of improvements for greater clarity and enhanced customer experience.
- Develop a process to report and capture request / issues for support services activities which once established can be used by other areas of the Facilities team. The Support Services Manager must be able to demonstrate experience of managing soft services within a Facilities Management department or as an FM service providers with directly employed teams. Understand the roles FM suppliers play and the interaction between the services they provide and the interaction with the in house team. The setting and monitoring of financial control standards and systems to meet performance and regulatory compliance is essential.
Experience, skills and qualification
- A thorough understanding of cleaning processes and techniques is essential
- A recognised qualification in an environmental area is desirable
- Experience of working within a client organisation would be desirable.
- Up to date IT skills – competent use of Microsoft Project or Asta Powerproject, Excel, Word, Outlook – are required.