Health, Safety & Environment Advisor (Law Firm)Back to Vacancies List
Our client a globally recognised Law firm now require this role to provide advice, assistance and support to the business to facilitate compliance with the Health & Safety policy, the Environment policy and arrangements
Other duties will include:
- Annual review of Firm’s relevant policies and arrangements
- Write and undertake employee and work experience inductions
- Contractor inductions on the in-house system
- Undertake workstation assessments
- Risk assessments for manual handling, pregnant workers, home working and work experience
- Administration of safety management system
- Management of first aid function
- Keep abreast of key health & safety and environmental developments, relevant legislation and any changes that might affect business, sharing best practice guidelines with other Business Support managers as necessary.
- Oversee the success of the London office ISO14001 Environmental Management System
- Monitor and report on progress towards agreed health & safety and environmental objectives, reporting back as necessary to support team managers and the environment committee, ensuring a systematic approach to continual improvement.
- Collect and report global Carbon Neutral data to Senior Management
- Chair quarterly environmental committee meetings, acting and advising on issues brought to the committees’ attention.
Education / qualifications / experience:
- The role would suit an individual educated to degree level (or equivalent), though relevant experience in a similar position is also desirable.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent required
- NEBOSH Diploma (or working toward) desirable
- Construction Certificate or equivalent desirable
- Minimum Tech IOSH member o Experience of ISO14001 management
- Ability to demonstrate good health & safety and environmental experience
- Knowledge and technical skills:
- Knowledge and experience in specialist technical areas.
- Competent level of knowledge and skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge to specific areas of responsibility.
- Pragmatic, highly organised individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Good presentation skills
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team