Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
An opportunity has arisen to work for one of the UK’s largest charity organisations. Following a recent restructure, our client require a Facilities Manager to be responsible for one of their education sites in the Kent area.
The role will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the site and other satellite sites including building, catering and domestic services.
- Responsible for planning, costing, implementation and delivery of key facility based projects and contracts including building work, domestic services, catering and health and safety
- Ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the sites
- Ensure the sites meet health and safety standards and legal requirements
- Manage refurbishment / renovations and work in conjunction with the Site and Buildings Manager to ensure the buildings, sites and facilities are maintained and are in a condition that both reflects the needs of staff and students
- Ensure all faults or problems reported are recorded appropriately and follow up action is taken in a timely manner.
- Advise on energy efficiency and associated cost savings to be made
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure, when tendering work via external contractors or purchasing materials
- Ensure that external contract works are well managed in accordance with policy and procedure
- Ensure that records and information are effectively archived in accordance with CQC, and Ofsted regulations and company policy
- Authorise expenditure within set operational budgets for goods and services to
- To work in conjunction with the Head of Finance, to prepare and respond to audit both internal and external.
- Lead, manage and monitor the staffing teams via the management structure ensuring that employees are recruited, inducted, trained, supervised and appraised in line with company policy.
- A vocational qualification in Building, Catering or Domestic Management.
- Working knowledge of procurement and negotiation and management of external contracts
- Knowledge of Health and Safety (IOSH / NEBOSH Preferred)
- Substantial experience of managing one or more of the following: Sites & Buildings, Catering, Domestic Services, Health and Safety.
- Significant line management experience
- Experience of working within a quality assurance framework, and of strategic planning.
- Significant project management experience
- Management of significant budgets (e.g. in excess of £50K)
- Report writing skills
- Good IT sills including Outlook, Excel, Word and Project
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal