Lead Health and Safety AdvisorBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a UK wide charity organisation who, due to internal promotion, require a Lead Health and Safety Advisor to join their Head Office in Central London.
The role will be to lead the client’s H&S Team under the strategic direction of the Head of Quality and Practice Development to ensure that Health and Safety procedures and Health and Safety requirements under legislation are implemented across the organisation giving support and guidance to services to achieve compliance.
- Develop, monitor and review health and safety policy and procedure.
- Ensure proactive engagement and support to all front line managers throughout the organisation in relation to Health and Safety queries and legislation.
- Encourage managers to implement a risk management framework with preventative and investigative systems, throughout the organisation.
- Plan and implement strategies that develop and maintain a pro-active H&S culture across the organisation.
- Provide or procure high quality advice and guidance to line management on all aspects of H&S
- Manage a team of three Health and Safety Advisors ensuring the help desk facility meets client goals and objectives and is compliant
- Advise on the H&S management system; ensuring it meets relevant standards and best practice guidelines and interfaces appropriately with quality management systems.
- Carry out Health & Safety audits and monitoring systems across the organisation and ensure that all corrective actions are completed within necessary timescales.
- Where appropriate, carry out, report on, or delegate to the team investigations, particularly those concerning serious accidents and near misses
- Nebosh Diploma or NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health and Safety
- Level 3 qualification in Food Safety
- Nebosh Fire Safety Certificate or equivalent
- Substantial experience in the development of Health & Safety related policies, procedures and systems
- Substantial experience in a service delivery setting ideally relating to disabled people
- Dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in achieving key performance results with ability to instil the same ethic within a team
- Highly organised and able to work under sustained pressure across a diverse workload.