Engineering Facilities Manager (Client Side Role)Back to Vacancies List
Our client one of the world’s most well renowned financial services organisation, are currently recruiting this role to play a key part in managing engineering to their Corporate HQ and a variety of other sites globally.
Reporting to the head of the department, on a day to day basis the post holder will lead, supervise and mentor the incumbent maintenance contractor, promoting collaboration, team ethos, agreeing goals and targets. It will also be the responsibility of the post holder to ensure the engineering systems supporting the key business areas are not impacted by equipment or utility failures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Negotiate and procure both engineering and utility service contracts based upon best practice principles, with an understanding and working knowledge of performance measurement techniques within the current market.
- Responsibility for the maintenance, repair and renewal of all electro- mechanical systems and building fabric.
- Manage and forecast engineering and utility budgets maintaining effective control on costs and, where possible, pro-actively demonstrate cost savings.
- Monitor changes in legalisation and building regulation, ensuring the buildings remain compliant.
- Act as tenant liaison point, ensuring tenant activities do not contravene any statutory legislation or place staff or property at risk.
- Establish and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships with security, commercial and property operations managers within the organisation.
- Conduct frequent performance analysis on engineering staff, ensuring competency in health & safety management and skills are maintained.
- Project-manage in-house activities, providing initial specifications, mandates, budgets and time lines.
- Monitor energy use throughout the organisation, providing detailed analysis of environmental impacts and measuring performance against industry standards. Ensure compliance with all government energy related policy.
- Deputise for the Head of Engineering during periods of absence ensuring policy and standards are maintained.
The Engineering Facilities Manager is a key member of the management team in a high profile support function within the organisation. Specific experience and behaviours required of the post-holder are outlined below:
- Educated to Degree or HNC/HND Level
- Significant direct experience in a similar role
- Possess a health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH, or as a minimum IOSH.
- Project management-related qualification (APMP, PMP, PRINCE2)
Experience & Key Skills
- Experience of managing mission critical data centre environments
- Have previously worked on, and have a technical understanding and operational knowledge of, HVAC systems, electrical infrastructure together with HV networks and BMS control system. HV authorisation will be a requirement of the role together with good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Clear and concise written, interpersonal and spoken communication with the ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way, appropriate to the needs of the reader.
- Able to clearly articulate and produce business cases that powerfully promote the benefits and strategy and that influence stakeholders and decision makers.
- Have a good understanding of occupational health and safety and the ability to demonstrate a full understanding of statutory legislation as it relates to the built environment.
- Understanding of landlord & tenant relationships and commercial leases such as they impact the day to day occupation of multi-let buildings
- Willing to travel and occasionally work flexible and unsociable hours.
- Experience in Auto-Cad, Microsoft Project and Concept evolution is a key requirement.
- Good leader as well as a team player
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers and key/senior stakeholders
- Numerate with high level of attention to detail. Professional, presentable and articulate
Please speak to either Peter Forshaw OR Dominique Bradley on 0207 118 4848 Or email firstname.lastname@example.org