Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a UK wide charity organisation who now require a Facilities Assistant to join their Head Office in North Greenwich.
The main purpose of the role will be to co-ordinate the smooth day to day running of the client’s office; welcoming visitors to the office, answering the telephone and assisting the Facilities Manager to ensure the office is managed effectively.
This is a full time, permanent position and would suit a candidate experienced in a customer facing environment with a passion to develop their skills and experience to gain a career in Facilities Management. The role will encompass general front of house duties as well as shadowing an experienced Facilities Manager to take on additional facilities duties as and when required.
- To welcome visitors to the office from the ground floor reception and refer, where necessary to the appropriate department/individual.
- To answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous manner, answering basic queries and forwarding to the appropriate department.
- To take responsibility for incoming/outgoing post, deliveries and collections.
- To keep an overview of the electronic booking system for meeting rooms.
- To be responsible for room/seating arrangements for group meetings.
- To order office consumables to ensure there is a sufficient supply.
- Ensure all internal office equipment is in working order and arrange servicing as required.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in ensuring the office is maintained to a high standard
- Liaising with contractors on site and reporting any issues the correct team
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations within the office so that there is a safe working environment.
- To work flexibly in support of colleagues undertaking equivalent duties as may reasonably be required
- Be prepared to attend any appropriate training that is recommended in line with Personal Development Plan
- To carry out additional duties and tasks that may be required within the range of the responsibilities of the post.
- Previous facilities customer service experience
- Understanding of how facilities management systems work in office workplace environments
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good Office IT Skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Committed to good standard of customer service
- Ability to lift and move standard office furniture
- Well organised thorough, tidy and methodical approach
- Ability to remain calm, polite, helpful and be able to focus under stress and be firm when required
- Ability to work unsupervised using judgement, initiative and taking responsibility