Facilities Maintenance AssistantBack to Vacancies List
We are recruiting a Facilities Maintenance Assistant on behalf of our client; a leading property company, who have recently been voted one of the most successful property companies in the UK. The role of Facilities Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Facilities Management Team in ensuring the overall maintenance and upkeep of the site is delivered to a high standard and provide an exceptional service to clients.
- Responsible for presenting the interior and exterior of the premises in a clean and tidy and well repaired condition at all times to promote Customer satisfaction.
- Undertake general handyman tasks and duties.
- Carrying out safety reviews and checks to ensure Centres are safe and tidy.
- Identify areas that may require specialist maintenance or repair to the Facilities Manager.
- To liaise with on-site team in promoting good customer relationships, on-going client care and the servicing of their business needs.
- To keep the common parts and vacant units clean and well repaired.
- Work with the Facilities team’s computer aided maintenance management software, responding to, escalating, recording and closing down tasks.
- Agree a schedule of redecoration of the common parts and vacant units with the Facilities Manager.
- Supervise refuse and recycling removal.
- To have a good understanding of the services within the buildings, e.g. boilers, heating, lighting and electrical circuits etc.
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager regarding all visits by service contractors and monitor the standards of these contractors.
- Carry out meter readings for electricity and gas monthly and/or as required and present a written meter readings report to the Facilities Manager.
- Complete any checklists as necessary.
- Attend relevant training periods as required.
- Carry out other duties or responsibilities that may be applicable to the position of Caretaker/Maintenance.
- Liaise with existing tenants to prompt good customer relationships, on-going client care and the servicing of their business needs and complaints.
- Carry out in conjunction with the Facilities Manager, required safety tests including water hygiene, fire alarm system, emergency lights and sprinkler systems.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are properly maintained, repaired as necessary, cared for according to manufacturer’s instructions and that all safety instructions /regulations are followed.
Key Skills Requirements
- Good health and agility
- Relevant experience and knowledge of DIY
- Ability to maintain good cleaning and maintenance standards.
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and procedures.