Facilities Operative (12 month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
We are currently recruiting a Facilities Operative on a 12 month maternity cover contract. The role is working directly for our insurance provider client and will be responsible for providing a flexible facilities service which includes both Security and Reception areas. The role will place emphasis on the implementation and monitoring of the planned preventative maintenance programme for the building and control systems and assist in the management of the soft services contracts.
- Budgetary control over various office services suppliers/contractors.
- Placing of purchase orders up to 30 a week for Facilities goods and services.
- Processing of invoices on a weekly basis for Facilities goods and services
- Supervise the contract day cleaners, issuing additional duties throughout the day.
- Recording the contract cleaning hours and running monthly reports to show statistics.
- Manage budget for various contracts and service charges relating to the office services and building premises.
- Ensure budget records are kept up to date regularly.
- Monitor food quality and presentation offered within the onsite restaurant, liaising with the Catering Manager should any issues arise.
- Process all Facilities requests, prioritising the jobs along with delegating them to the relevant team member.
- Produce and prepare reports concerning all areas of Facilities, to be distributed on occasion to all levels of Management.
- Provide an administration support service to the Facilities Department, assisting the National Facilities Manager as and when required.
- Responsible for managing improvement to the administration service in the office.
- The jobholder makes decisions on handling mail, message and facilities queries without reference to the HOD/National Facilities Manager.
- Ensuring various contractors are meeting their contractual obligations.
- Keeping abreast of new policies and procedures.
- Focussing on costs and efficiency to contribute to the profitability of the Company
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in Facilities Management. Knowledge of Security and Reception requirements is desirable.
- Completed BIFM foundation course
- Experience of supervising and communicating with contractors and suppliers.
- Good administration grounding with demonstrable office experience.
- Advanced IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills are essential.
- A good communicator able to work effectively within a team and on own initiative.
- An eye for detail is key.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- GCSE English and Mathematics Grade C or above or equivalent essential.