Temporary Head of Facilities (1 Year Contract)Back to Vacancies List
In this exciting and varied role, you will be responsible for the safe, effective, running of the building and tasked with the day to day operational running of a huge prestigious building. The site is as a multi-use, multi-tenanted site and the post holder will need to adhere to all relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice, in order to provide an efficient, effective and economic Estates and Facilities Management service for the employer its tenants and visitors.
There will be a huge focus on delivery. It is a role of two halves – ensuring that the users of the building are happy and secondly, that the technical side of the facility is running at optimum at all times.
This role is also a part of the Executive Team responsible for shaping the future direction of our business.
Key responsibilities include:
- The management of lease negotiations and transactions
- The liaison with lawyers in the preparation of an agreement of lease documentation
- The management and recording of ‘Licence for Alterations’ processes
- The management of the dilapidations process
- The maintenance of the tenant’s schedule
- Communicating with our tenants including chairing the bi-monthly Tenant’s forum
- The management of the anticipated expenditure fund element of the service charge
- The provision of technical support to the CEO on all property related legal issues particularly with regard to adjacent neighbours and title issues.
Facilities and building management
- Management of the facilities management service contractors in accordance with the provisions of the contracted Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Advising on the requirements for all building repairs
Health and Safety management
- Ensuring that all requisite health and safety and environmental requirements are followed and that where appropriate accidents, injuries or illnesses are reported to the relevant statutory body
- Ensuring the safety of the building for all employees, tenants and visitors.
- The preparation of project briefs
- The management of project consultants
- Authorisation for payment of Contractors certificates and project managing works
- Client inspection and sign off of completed works
Services procurement and management
- Procurement (with the support of specialist advice) of Cleaning, Security, IT and FM service contractors.
- Management of Cleaning, Security, IT and FM service contractors
- The provision of property and technical advice to the Events team, including enabling delivery
- The provision of construction and property technical advice to support the development of the Disaster Recovery Strategy and for the maintenance of the Risk Register.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline although our client would be prepared to review alternative qualifications).
- Significant experience in an Estates and Facilities management role or environment
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of dealing with commercial lease arrangements
- Experience within Architectural design processes
- Experiences in maintaining the fabric of buildings and Mechanical and Engineering services technology