Maintenance Operations – Shift Team LeaderBack to Vacancies List
An exciting opportunity is available for a permanent role as a Shift Team Leader working direct for the client within the education sector. You will be part of a world renowned organisation reporting in to Maintenance Operations Manager & Foremen.
Main duties& responsibilities:
- Carry out reactive and planned maintenance work, providing trade specific skills whilst working flexibly across trade disciplines as required
- Take the lead in planning, coordinating and prioritising the team’s assigned work to ensure the safe, effective and responsive completion of planned and reactive maintenance tasks.
- Provide a key point of contact with the Maintenance Operations Manager, Foremen and other Shift Team Leaders at other times to effect shift hand-overs and continuity, provide work reports, arrange cover, report staffing issues etc.
- Carry out investigations and diagnostic fault finding
- Carry out inspections and testing relating to planned maintenance, installations, modifications and refurbishments; carry out associated remedial works
- Work closely with team members to ensure that work is carried out within relevant health and safety guidelines/legislation
- Pre-inspect work and liaise with client departments as necessary
- Utilise relevant estates management and information systems for work planning and management, performance management, and other appropriate purposes
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A recognised and relevant trade qualification with extensive operational experience covering planned and reactive maintenance services
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly across a range of trade disciplines and sites/buildings
- Able to undertake fault finding using practical experience, diagnostic equipment, drawings, manuals and personal experience
- Ability to plan and coordinate work effectively
- Experience, understanding and ability to monitor plant/equipment/system status, interpret alarms etc.
- Good knowledge of first line response to reactive calls and experience of working with help desk systems
- Experience of working with BMS and other diagnostic tools
- demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Strong practical experience, knowledge and practical application of relevant health and safety legislation, best practice etc.
- Good communication skills with ability to give and receive verbal and written instructions.
- A strong customer focus
- Experience of supervising maintenance teams and the associated planning, coordination, allocation and inspection of multi-trade work
- Experience of computer based information and reporting systems
- Experience of installing plant, equipment and services
- Experience of shift working
Day Shift: 07.00 to 19.00 / Night Shift: 19.00 to 07.00 – 4 days – 4 off – 4 nights – 4 off – repeating
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with the required experience. Apply now to email@example.com