Health & Safety and Sustainability ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by a well-recognised organisation to recruit for a Health & Safety and Sustainability Manager to join their team.
The purpose of the role is to provide professional management, monitoring and support role for all aspects of Health and Safety at the site, including construction & estates related health and safety, occupational health and safety and catering related health and safety.
- To co-ordinate all elements of the Health & Safety strategy and implementation, through the Secretariat and Heads of Department and, as appropriate, specialist consultants.
- Working in partnership with the Technical Service Manager who is responsible for the technical aspects of sustainability to deliver a best-in-class sustainability service compatible with a world class sporting venue.
- Reviewing the existing Accessibility policy and the current initiatives to ensure planned changes are being delivered to meet the requirements of the grounds and buildings. Creating new initiatives and presenting business justifications for funding and driving improvements in conjunction with the Estates Manager.
- Act as administrator of the accessibility group ensuring all departments are engaged with any changes being implemented.
- Manage the implementation of Government, ECB Covid-19 guidelines into existing policies and procedures.
- To oversee and ensure compliance with the CDM Regulations for any construction / refurbishment / temporary structure works.
- To review, maintain and update as appropriate the Food Safety and Allergy Manual and to provide all kitchen and catering staff with training to ensure compliance with the procedures set out in the Manual and to ensure that their working systems reflect best practice.
- Ongoing training will be provided as necessary to maintain compliance with legislation and best practice.
- To undertake risk assessments (RAs) for all areas and tasks including workstation
- To advise / train Heads of Departments to undertake their own RAs.
- To prepare and tender contract documentation for the appointment of fire risk assessment specialist to carry out assessments of the grounds and buildings. The current process is normally a two-yearly activity for the year round operation unless major changes have taken place and annually for the temporary overlay for the start of the cricket season.
- To review and make recommendations for updating the Health & Safety Policies.
- To make recommendations in relation to vehicular and pedestrian safety around the Ground.
- To maintain a central library for all relevant topics and to update staff as necessary and also in respect of relevant legislative changes.
- To monitor activities throughout the Ground to ensure adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- NEBOSH Diploma or higher.
- CDM knowledge.
- IOSH qualified to write and review risk assessments and method statements.
- Experience of producing Health & Safety policies and related documentation to a high standard.
- Experience of dealing with contractors and suppliers.
- High level of initiative, with administrative and organisational ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Tact, discretion, patience, assertiveness and the ability to work quickly under pressure, maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- IT literate, including MS Office.
- High standard of personal presentation.
- Flexibility in work content and hours.