General Manager (PFI)Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a long term operator and manager of public sector sites and assets across the UK. The role of General Manager sits within the Operations division of the organisation and will ensure the delivery of Hard and Soft services to meet requirements of the contract.
As General Manager you will have ultimate responsibility to ensure contractual and ad hoc audits are carried out and will lead the Project Company and Subcontractors to manage the day to day delivery and operation of the contract obligations and protect the interests of the Shareholders. You will develop and maintain effective relationships with the clients, subcontractors and other stakeholders. With full accountability for the financial performance of the Project you will ensure that appropriate planning, monitoring and control measures are developed, maintained and effected. In addition, you will identify, plan and implement opportunities to enhance the project values and financial returns as well as manage and mitigate commercial risk.
Key responsibilities of the role will require:
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer focus
- Project Company Management
- Reporting and Records
- Construction Management (Variations)
- Services Provider Management
- Financial Management
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Staff Management
The preferred candidate for the role will have achieved a degree level qualification, hold relevant professional membership(s) and be able to clearly demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience;
- Senior level management responsibility for financial and staff performance
- Senior management of contractors, support services (particularly FM providers) and advisors
- Contract negotiation and operation; traditional procurement experience
- Financial awareness, ability to understand budgets and project accounts, understanding of payment mechanisms etc.
- Experience of working in a client focussed environment
- Experience of reporting at Board level for presentations of reports, reasoned argument and questioning
- Ability to lead, be decisive and manage multi disciplinary teams and staff
- Strong client focus, should command respect
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills at all levels including Board directors
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Self disciplined and able to work for periods without supervision
- Effective decision making whilst managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Systematic approach to work with a clear objective approach to completing tasks
- Relevant construction related experience and exposure to high value capital projects (desirable)
- Knowledge of PFI/PPP projects and particularly the associated contracts (desirable)
- Asset management or property portfolio management experience (desirable).