Interim Capital Projects Manager / NHS & PFI (Immediate Start)Back to Vacancies List
The post holder will have overall responsibility for managing all capital estates and facilities related projects (including minor works) for our client’s hospital.
The post holder will take the lead in representing our clients’ interests to various internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for delivering “value for money” outcomes for end users.
Main Duties / Key Responsibilities:
- Manage directly or via third parties the following services, regularly reviewing options and ensuring cost effectiveness:
- Plan and manage capital build projects, from design to delivery
- Ensure effective budget management, tender process, contractor management, defects resolutions and liaison with site partners for all capital build projects.
- Chair and lead project delivery meetings Compilation and submission of project documentation for approval by senior management
- Complex problem solving and planning for space and equipment needs
- Overseeing management of reformatting and refurbishments including decant and recant programs.
- Oversee complex departmental and personnel relocations including import of new scientific groups and space allocation systems
- Liaise with site partners
- Responsibility for building lifecycle planning, condition surveys, continuous commissioning Financial management of complex departmental operational budgets
It is essential that you will have NHS experience and you will be able to price and deliver small, medium, large scale capex works. You must also have experience of dealing with NHS stakeholders and be politically aware of challenges in a PFI environment.
This is an initial interim opportunity with a potential longer term / permanent appointment based on performance.