Head of Facilities ManagementBack to Vacancies List
We are recruiting for a Head of Facilities Management on behalf of our client, to lead and manage the delivery of hard and soft facilities management services across 5 school locations.
In this role the Head of Facilities Management will be responsible for the premises maintenance and development, health and safety, cleaning and catering. A strong knowledge of building maintenance is required alongside contractor management, budget management and people management.
- Line manage the Premises Team to ensure that efficient planned and reactive/ad hoc measures are taken to maintain the upkeep of all premises to an acceptable standard at all times.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and best practice on all sites at all times.
- Line manage the Cleaning Team to ensure that the premises are cleaned to an acceptable standard every day.
- Line manage the Catering Team to ensure that high quality school meals are provided for all students and that an acceptable standard of catering is provided for staff and other events as required.
- A can-do attitude with strong project and people management skills.
- Committed to providing excellent customer service
- A building-services related professional qualification e.g. RICS, CIOB or BIFM is desirable
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Substantial experience of hard and soft facilities management in a school environment
- Experience of managing or supporting facilities lettings
- Experience of managing catering and cleaning
- Experience of managing facilities on multiple sites
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding