Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client, one of the largest commercial real estate services and investment firms in the world, is recruiting for a Building Manager in Belfast.
Maxwell Stephens, the UK’s leading facilities management recruitment company, have been appointed by the client to find an adaptable and experienced Building Manager to join their Retail Team in Northern Ireland.
Manage the day to day operational activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, legislative requirements, budgetary costs and client/tenant requirements in line with the required customer service criteria and key performance indicators.
- Preparation, control and monitoring of the service charge budget in accordance with the client’s budgetary agreement and the time scales set by the business, in conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager.
- To prepare management reports in accordance with the needs of the business
- To be responsible for all health and safety compliance. This includes ensuring that all health and safety audits, fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the laid down requirements, the emergency plan and related site maps are continually update and that Meridian (Health and Safety tool) is regularly updated etc.
- To proactively manage risk and deal with insurance compliance onsite with regards to both public and statutory bodies as applicable.
Customer Service and Quality
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes ensuring the agreed planned maintenance programme is carried out in accordance with the laid sown timetables and monitoring FM works on site including the required liaison with service providers and/or contractors.
- To further development and maintain excellent occupier relationships, ensuring that they receive the highest standards of service in relation to their operational needs and attend tenant meetings.
- Direct line management responsibility of on-site personnel. This includes ensuring that all personnel are trained in accordance with the requirements of their role.
- Carrying out regular performance reviews including annual appraisals and the setting of objectives. Ensure all appraisals are carried out in accordance with the required standard and company time table. This includes the setting and reviewing of SMART “value added” objectives and regular performance reviews.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of facilities management of property or portfolio of properties. This includes Line Management responsibility for Company personnel and contractors and management of service agreements.
- IOSH qualification
- BIFM qualification desirable