Property & Engineering Manager – Ref 705Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-known property company with a portfolio of many of the UK’s most prestigious developments have an exciting opportunity for a property & engineering manager in West London.
The successful applicant can expect to manage the property in line with the groups vision and execute their policy of providing an innovative, operationally efficient and economically competitive commercial environment for occupiers whilst enhancing the investment value of the asset for the landlord. You will be expected to set up, implement and maintain effective management systems and procedures in the delivery and continuity of service of the Mechanical, Electrical, Transport and Public Health Services to the occupiers, while protecting and enhancing landlord assets within the Building / Estate.
- Execute the role of Engineering Manager, ensuring management of contractors, consultants and resources to ensure compliance with current Health & Safety standards and legislation.
- Execute the role of Property Manager
- Utilising the input of internal and external resources, take executive responsibility for the co-ordination, preparation and delivery of the annual service charge budgets, management accounts and year end reconciliations.
- Provide day-to-day technical and operational support to occupiers and Client as necessary. Review and comment on occupiers’ license applications, monitor occupier fit out works and ensure compliance
- Implementation, management and development of the Concept planned maintenance system, ensuring information, plant history, drawings and technical information is accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all aspects of colleague training, development, remuneration, disciplinary and general welfare requirements are identified and formally reviewed/pursued in accordance current policies.
- Ensure all service specifications and contracts properly represent the service requirement of the premises and are presented and executed in accordance with company guidelines, including the Electronic Security system.
- Actively promote management service maximising commercial opportunities pertaining to both “demise” and “new client” contracts.
- Ensure the Client Director and Senior Engineer is regularly appraised of new developments or problematic issues and act as the primary conduit of communication to the respective personnel within the property group.
- With the exception of “All Staff” memorandums, to act as the primary conduit of communication to the respective personnel within the buildings group.
- Ensure the building receives an appropriately high level of central support in the areas of accounts, administration, information technology, health & safety etc. so as to provide the requisite level of ongoing service to the clients.
- Ensure the building is supported in all aspects of its daily operation and with regard to cover for periods of absenteeism as a result of holidays or sickness.
- Through a forum of structured communication, contribute and make considered recommendations to the Board and or the Client (via the Client Director/ Senior Engineer) regarding proposed operational improvements and changes in company policy.
- Utilising regular internal monitoring procedures; ensure the requisite BE operational and property management standards are executed as detailed in the Operational and Procedural manuals.
- Co-ordinate a forum of structured reporting to both landlord and occupier representatives. To include an executive summary in quarterly management reports as required.
- Take ownership of the groups vision and values ensuring that they are fully integrated in to all of the buildings services.
- Manage with the support of the Engineering Department all contracts relating to Engineering on the buildings, including maintenance contracts, PPM’s, contracted additional works
- To develop and implement a long term costing strategy for the buildings to includes M&E and fabric.
- Ensure that all documentation is statutory compliant at all times, including the Operations Manual, Key Service Commitments and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the production of monthly client reports, and all the required data is available at all times.
- Ensure service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirement of the building and are presented and executed in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure the Operations Director is regularly apprised of any new developments or issues of a problematic nature.
- Conduct regular audits of all estate and building areas to ensure that high standards are upheld throughout, both in upfront public spaces and “back-of-house” service areas.
- Effectively manage the security of the buildings and Estate in west London to ensure that service levels meet our high expectations.
- Ensure that the security contract manning levels are at all times delivered with trained, qualified and properly inducted security staff.
- Management of various licences
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Responsibility and ownership of complete service delivery
- Budget Management
- Leadership and Motivational skills
- Tendering and Contractor Management
- Commercial awareness, business acumen
- Making considered decisions
- Fabric /long term costing