Kitchen Purchasing Manager – Ref 725Back to Vacancies List
We are looking for a talented and creative individual with a catering background to work alongside the kitchen team at a prestigious & exciting Media Company based in central London.
The successful candidate will have a passion for quality food, have an in depth knowledge of how a kitchen should run & will be able to demonstrate sound financial acumen including an excellent understanding of budgeting, menu costing and purchasing. Ideally you will have at least two years proven experience within a London restaurant at Sous Chef or restaurant manager level
Typical duties will include:
- Responsibility for café spend – including accurate weekly reports of itemized food cost and labor cost to Food and Beverage Manager, Facilities Director and Finance Department.
- Responsible for check in & receiving of all goods purchased, Insuring the organizing of storerooms and walk-in refrigerators/freezers
- Assisting the Chef team with menu planning – including product research, and menu dissemination for creation of order guides while remaining fiscally responsible to the budget, Assist in capital control.
- Establish, manage, and maintain all vendor relationships – including regular vendor evaluations of product quality, invoice accuracy, delivery accuracy, regular price comparisons, and service level
- Responsible for inventory control for all storerooms and refrigerated storage areas, Oversee Departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversee maintenance & repairing of all kitchen and dining room equipment including all smallwares, coffee and soda machines, cooking apparatus, and refrigeration (“reach-in” and “walk-in”). Also, scheduled preventative maintenance and unscheduled service calls. Responsible for determination of warrantee or non-warranty service for all covered equipment
- The kitchen may explore a different country or theme every day and you will be responsible for sourcing ingredients that may be unfamiliar and very difficult to obtain.
- Help maintain weekly budgets with alerts to chefs when budget ceiling is near
- Assist procurement team with RFPs and SOWs
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all aspects of media company finance, purchasing systems and selected job parameters – as determined by the Executive Chef
A competitive salary will be discussed based upon experience.