Facilities Manager – Ref 640Back to Vacancies List
As a key member of our clients Facilities Management team, you will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of Total Facilities Management services to internal and external customers across a group of buildings.
You will be responsible for the productivity and actions of a team of team members; managing the provision of operational excellence to our clients customers. You will also have overall accountability for ensuring we are operating safely, effectively and efficiently. By coordinating the TFM activities of the in-house team and service partners, you will deliver smooth running buildings to legislative and company standards.
The role of a Facilities Manager requires a high level of energy, expertise and organisation as well as the ability to manage, motivate and develop a team. You will also need to be adept at building/maintaining positive relationships with existing and new customers.
- Manage the provision of operational excellence consistently to all customers; ensuring customer satisfaction and recommendation.
- Work cooperatively with our internal and external customers by communicating timely and accurate information about planned and reactive tasks being undertaken by FM.
- Provide timely and accurate information to assist customers in managing their assets.
- Undertake regular reviews and inspections, prioritising actions where necessary.
- Respond appropriately to any emergency or urgent issues as they arise (e.g. alarm activations, building evacuations, accidents and incidents) and be part of the group call out team.
- Ensure that your team are meeting and exceeding agreed targets – Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Work collaboratively with our Central Helpdesk team to ensure all job information is accurately recorded on our FM Management system (Concept) and tasks are allocated and completed in line with agreed KPIs and SLAs.
- Check that agreed work by our in house team or service partners has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Monitor and regularly report on the performance and delivery of the Facilities Management team, recommending appropriate action when required.
- Assist in the development of strategic priorities and plans for the Facilities Management team with a focus on continuous performance improvement.
- Effectively manage change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Responsible for all stages of the employee life cycle with company (i.e. recruitment, development, performance management and retention)
- Provide motivational management and support to team members ensuring clarity of direction, effective communication and development of individual potential.
- Proactively manage performance issues (including sickness and absence) in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with your team, ensuring that hard work and success are recognised and rewarded in a fair and motivational way.
- Work with central support functions and colleagues to ensure that your team are properly trained and supported with further development. You will proactively provide them with coaching and support to deal with any potential issues.
Health and Safety Management:
- Ensure that all activities with the Facilities Management team meet, comply and integrate with organisational requirements for H&S, risk management protocols, legal and statutory duties and general duty of care.
- Monitor and analyse the financial performance of your group against internally set targets (i.e. income and expenditure; profit and loss; and margin) to enable you to make effective decisions.
- Support the budget setting process.
- Establish ‘value for money’ strategies for delivering TFM services within the agreed budget.
- Identify and implement opportunities to achieve greater efficiency.
To fit in with our client, you need the right attitude. You will have a positive, friendly disposition and be the kind of person who wants to make a difference. You will be a great communicator and have the ability to influence/motivate a team to best in class delivery.
In addition, you will have/will be:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in FM
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualifications (preferred but not essential)
- Active involvement/membership in FM associations i.e. BIFM (preferred but not essential
- Up to date knowledge of the latest FM trends and approaches
- Project management skills
- Strong customer focus
- Good level of written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of a proven track record of achievement
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Can do attitude
- Strong team focus
- High standards with a thorough approach and attention to detail
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com