Engineering SupervisorBack to Vacancies List
Our client is a global asset management organisation and their property group are looking to recruit an experienced Engineering Supervisor to work within an impressive Skyscraper in London.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the performance of the Engineering team and ensuring that best practice is imbedded in all processes and procedures coordinate training requirements with an aim to deliver sound succession planning.
The knowledge, skills, qualifications, and experience relevant to the position are:
• Minimum B Tech 3 or NVQ recognised equivalent in a technical discipline.
• Have experience gained within a multi-discipline hard and soft services environment in a supervisory role. • An appreciation of the importance of customer service.
• An ability to motivate staff, communicate at all levels and cope with stressful situations.
• A good working knowledge of assets such as – Plumbing; HVAC systems, Controls, Refrigeration systems.
• Sound Mechanical and Electrical knowledge.
• Experience in computer PPM management and BMS Systems.
• Experience in managing reactive tasks.
• Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft packages – Word, Excel etc.
• HNC/HND in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Endorsement.
• HNC/ HND in Building Services Engineering (High level of electrical content)
• Membership to the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent
• Prior experience with permits to work (Authorised Person role)
• Providing direction – creates a clear understanding of what needs to be achieved and provides the necessary guidance.
• Obtaining results through people – supports, challenges and develops others so that they can give their best and deliver against expectations.
• Drive for excellence – manages activities to ensure high standards are achieved in all areas
• Teamwork – manage the team to maximise their contributions and effectiveness, influencing personal commitments.
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.