Area Technical Manager (Interim)Back to Vacancies List
Our client is a market leading Facilities Management Company who continues to enjoy substantial growth with its impressive multi-site client retail base.
As a result of continued growth we are now embarking on an important recruitment assignment for our client to recruit for an Area Technical Manager to cover 20 high profile retail department store sites in the London / South East region.
You will provide leadership and management to the dedicated Retail Maintenance Technicians, In Store Technicians and 3rd party contractors, to deliver Facilities Management services to all retail department stores and to deliver service to agreed quality and customer service levels.
Effectively manage all resources and ensure effective communication is established between the field teams and the customers stores and key head office personnel.
• Ensure all Maintenance services are delivered in line with the service specification and meet the planned KPI performance.
• Manage all budgets within target and optimise best value.
• Co-ordinate all capital plans ensuring funds are expended in timely manner and job request documents are completed swiftly.
• Manage all store capital projects jointly with the Customer designated FM Manager ensuring they are completed to specification and within budget.
• Manage contractor’s projects in line with company procedures.
• Ensure all Planned Preventative maintenance visits are undertaken as scheduled by both in house and external engineers to the prescribed standards.
• Analyse contract statistical data including costs, expenditure, savings and opportunities.
• Ensure company policies and practises are followed and delivered consistently.
• Provide service excellence to all stores.
• Analyse all performance data to identify opportunities for continuous improvement in service standards.
The role requires:
• High degree of flexibility in working hours including weekend and out of hours.
• High degree of mobility – travelling throughout the country with nights away from home to meet business needs.
• Personal fitness – the nature of the job requires the jobholder to climb ladders, work in confined spaces and to drive.
• Full Driving Licence.
• Understanding of Mechanical and Electrical services.
• Ability to manage multi-site in house operatives.
• Contractor management skills and experience.
Qualifications / Skills Required:
• Significant experience in HVAC, Electrical and / or Building Services
• Direct People Management Experience
• Commercial awareness
• Previous retail site experience beneficial Additional Information:
• Desirable but not essential : BIFM membership or similar