Health and Safety CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
We have an exciting opportunity with our client, a leading property company who are looking to recruit a driven Health and Safety Co-ordinator on a full time basis to join their retail site in Tyne and Wear. To be responsible for the day to day coordination of their permits and permissions systems for contractors and maintaining a comprehensive H&S system.
- Coordination of H&S documentation, initial reviews, scheduling of works, coordinating of monitoring works.
- End to end coordination of occupier risk audits in accordance with insurer’s requirements
- Direct liaison with insurers and auditors – assisting with quarterly risk audits
- To create and maintain comprehensive Health and Safety files
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the tenants through provision of a both proactive and reactive responsive service.
- Manage an up to date record of the contractor permits and permissions calendar.
- Raise any deficiencies as noted, report to relevant staff and monitor corrective actions.
- Assist with the production of regular reports on all aspects of site performance
- To promote a pleasant working environment and liaise with in hour and contracted staff on a daily basis.
- Take minutes in contractor pre-start meetings and type all correspondence as required.
Key Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to understand the client’s investment objectives
- Proven experience of building and maintaining contractor relationship
- Understanding legislation and policies relating to Health and Safety CDM and environment
- Ability to use IT software such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IOSH qualified (desirable)
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a career within a leading organisation, please contact Ashley on 0207 118 4848 or send your CV to CV@maxwellstephens.com.