Safety & Environment Manager (Global Organisation)Back to Vacancies List
This job holder will work with our clients existing team at our clients head office. The successful Candidate will be home based with “hot-desking” opportunities in the City of London when needed.
You will have a strong background gained from a similar role focusing on sustainability, the environment and health and safety. You will be able to communicate at all levels and have the ability to work well under pressure whilst prioritising your workload effectively.
Operational duties will include:
- Monitoring activities and progress against set sustainability and environmental targets on Offices, Industrial and Retail Schemes
- Transition over the existing ISO14001 certification involving training of managers on Environmental Management procedures and Policies, adapting process where required to fit with the operational control at these properties
- Internally auditing the environmental process at ISO14001 Offices and production of reports and action plans
- Project management and delivery of all programme elements to ensure successful certification for each new property joining the ISO14001 programme
- Ensuring that the incumbent FM provider instigates best practice across all properties (offices, industrial and retail parks)
- Work with building management teams to improve their environmental performance providing expert advice where necessary
To be considered:
- Are you Accredited ISO14001 with internal auditor status?
- Do you have a Degree in relevant Environmental topic?
- Do you have strong technical sustainability experience
- Are you NEBOSH qualified to Diploma standard?
- Are you able to communicate and influence at all levels?
- Do you have proven and demonstrable success in working with business in a client facing position?
- Are you experienced within the built environment and environmental management fields ideally with a background in the commercial property sector?
- Have you undertaken a comparable role on a Regional or National Basis?
- Do you have good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access database, PowerPoint?