General ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our Client, a large service provider, require a General Manager at their site based in Edinburgh.
The purpose of the role will be to effectively manage the quality and compliance of all services provided across designated area. To interface with Service Leads, Cluster Management and Client to ensure all service standards are met or exceeded.
The role will act as single point of contact with Site Level Client for escalations regarding service failures and establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels within the business and the client organisation
- Management of Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation relating to the building portfolio ensuring the statutory requirements are met and all records maintained up to
- To ensure that all services lines at site, adhere to safe systems at work and all legislative requirements for their areas of expertise, supported by Centre of Excellence, Technical Service Manager and Shared Services.
- Monitoring and reporting of the services delivered to Cluster Account Mangers
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of the client delivery across full service lines
- Encourage and explore all opportunities for innovation and efficiencies with area in line with Cluster Account Manager
- Manage Service failures with relevant service leads in line with operational processes or shared services requirements.
- To rollout/implement contracted services changes as agreed between Cluster Account Manager and Client
- Select, recruit and induct the right team.
- Direct Line Management of all Service Leads for designated area
- Ensure your Managers deliver your operation to the service standards agreed in the contract
- Attend and produce monthly formal reports and reviews in line with Client and Cluster Manager requirements
- Complete the unit budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure cash, stock, debt and assets are properly controlled
- Networking – keep appraised of best practise within the industry by maintaining contact with professional bodies in other market sectors.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Can evidence managing a team to provide high quality service
- Excellent client and customer relationship management skills
- Strong all round communications skills.
- It literate and financially astute
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Broad knowledge of multiple service lines and their benefit to an organisation along with legislative requirements
- Proven experience of developing profitable relationships
- RIPH Intermediate
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Broad commercial experience and business acumen and knowledge across several service lines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Corporate member of relevant professional institution