Mechanical Maintenance ManagerBack to Vacancies List
To ensure effective operations with regard to the maintenance and repair of water supplies, fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, dry risers, fire extinguishers, control of insurance inspections, drainage and heating and cooling systems within and around the building.
To manage existing mechanical site staff.
To provide technical advice and guidance as appropriate to the required works.
To attend and assist with occasional out of hours call outs for emergency breakdowns of the building services.
To control expenditure of a fixed budget.
The position of Mechanical Maintenance Manager is intended to provide input to help ensure effective operations with regard to water, fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, dry rises, fire extinguishers, control of insurance inspections, drainage and heating and cooling within and around the building and the facilities that we operate to meet the demands of everyday life and operations of the landlord and tenants businesses.
The Manager will be required to supervise the mechanical staff to meet required objectives and identify any anticipated shortfall or lack of compliance.
The job also requires working with consulting engineers, manufacturers and suppliers and specialist service contractors to ensure mechanical systems meet local and national regulations and working within specified timeframes and guidelines.
- Manage the mechanical staff to meet required objectives and identify any anticipated shortfall or lack of compliance.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests, and assisting in the training and guiding of trainees and apprentices.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with standards and regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Recognised City and Guilds (or equivalent) technical qualifications
- Relevant industrial and supervisory experience
- Health and safety qualification
- Knowledge of fire alarm systems
- Problem analysis and system fault finding analysis experience
- Basic design skills for pipe and plant sizing
- Knowledge and experience of relevant standards and legislation
- Ability to present technical information in meetings
- Equipment maintenance experience
- Modern control systems operation and fault finding engineering experience
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications, drawings and plans
- Communicating with clients and building users
- Completing jobs and projects in a timely manner
- Applying and ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements and guidelines