Assistant Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client have a new opportunity for an Assistant Building Manager to join their large site in the Hampshire area. The role will be responsible for supporting the Building manager with the day to day management and operational activities across the site, in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, related general legislation and client/tenant requirements.
This includes ensuring the adherence to the budgetary costs and customer service standards and management of onsite personnel.
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets.
- Assist with the drafting, control and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site
- To carry out regular inspection audits of the site and take/organise remedial action if and when required.
- To work in conjunction with the Building Manager, key stakeholders and external clients ensuring a maintenance and repair programme is in place
- To participate at regular tenant meetings in conjunction with the Building Manager and property and asset management colleagues as applicable.
- To ensure all health and safety audits carried out in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions carried out within due timetable.
- To ensure fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the health and safety requirements.
- To manage major work programmes on site, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved
- To assist the Building Manager in producing management reports in accordance with the needs of the business, as applicable.
- To assist the Building Manager with the compilation of external contracts in conjunction with the Procurement Department.
- To oversee and regularly review the work carried out by the contractors to ensure the required standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with the contractual agreement.
- Previous experience of working within a facilities environment in a supervisory or management role
- Knowledge of the technical aspect of premises management
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- A good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements, and ideally IOSH qualified.
- IT literate together with an understanding and experience industry specific IT applications
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurised environment with excellent organisational and planning skills.