Technical Director (M&E Maintenance)Back to Vacancies List
Our client manages a development in north London of a considerable size and prestige, with nearly 50,000 people living and working in the area. The site not yet fully completed but is already extremely dynamic and could be described in part as its own district / town.
The site also includes high profile occupiers and our client expect everyone to work as a team
The main purpose of this role is to support and inspire multi-disciplinary teams, coordinating the management of technical service delivery across the estate and buildings.
- Overall responsibility for the Engineering Managers and Building Management Surveyor.
- Management of in-house and service partner engineering managers setting strategic targets and ensuring their delivery.
- To ensure that the production of service specifications, contracts and associated documentation properly represent the service requirement of the Estate and its Buildings.
- Responsible for the setting and management of the Engineering Service Charge budgets
- Takes the lead on Technical operational requirements to include Utilities, Procurement, PPM/Long Term Asset Replacements, Sustainability, Standards, and Compliance.
- Supports the demands of customer expectations and customer experience, ensuring that Occupier and Client satisfaction is consistently high.
- Ensures the teams conduct regular stakeholders’ Feedback Surveys; assess results, set improvement targets and ensure they are seen through
- Supports the Strategic Reviews process to identify ways of ensuring company technical offerings are refreshed with innovative ideas to take the services to continuously higher levels.
- Develop and implement energy reduction and sustainability proposals
- Promotes high level of satisfaction among client/ occupiers by ensuring prompt response to their service requirements.
- Ensures a safe, clean and secure physical environment, of the highest possible order.
- Promotes and ensures consistency across areas of responsibilities, in conjunction with other members of the operations team, including service provider personnel.
- Leads in developing and implementing Best Practice, policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the service helpdesk performance.
- Keeps abreast of new environmental, sustainable mechanical and electrical technological developments and prepare reports on possible improvements.
- Take lead on Sustainability and Management of the ISO 14001 Accreditation across the Estate and its Building’s
- Overall responsibility for energy management
- Drives departmental activities ensuring potential roadblocks are identified and removed.
- Develops a close working relationship with all suppliers and partners to ensure that they fully understand the Client culture.
- Ensures that the Company’s image is reflected through proper procedures, and quality service
- Proven track record in the technical management of FM contracts in a professional environment.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a facilities-related background.
- Demonstrate successful contract management and office management.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Excellent Project Management methodology skills
- Experience in financial management and budgeting while identifying cost savings/avoidance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Understand the legal framework of contracts.
- Demonstrate successful management of contracts and measurement of service excellence.
- Ability to network at all levels within the organisation.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business requirements in an absolute perquisite for this role.
- Ability to display initiative, confidence and professionalism in all dealings.
- Demonstrate drive to meet deadlines.