Facilities Workplace Manager (EMEA)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client, a global leading technology company are looking to recruit a Facilities Workplace Manager to provide relationship, budget and operational leadership for our portfolio of offices in the UK & EMEA region.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of developing strong interpersonal relationships, understanding and prioritizing the immediate and long-term needs of the business, overcoming challenges with thoughtful and creative solutions, and maintaining high levels of employee satisfaction. The role reports to the Regional Site Operations Manager for UK & EMEA, and includes oversight of a local team of third-party Facilities service providers
- Manage the efficient delivery of all services within the agreed scope with our outsourced service provider by understanding the business objectives and constraints of the UK & EMEA offices to provide the best working environment for our employees and customers
- Develop strong working relationships with employees, key internal stakeholders and business leaders at the site to gain insight into the immediate and future needs of the business. In conjunction with the EMEA Regional Site Operations Manager, leverage this intelligence to inform and influence the overall site strategy with respect to programs, services, occupancy and improvements.
- Gain a full understanding of the agreed budgets for UK & EMEA and provide narratives to explain any differences between budget and actual spend including project financials
- Encourage and develop new ideas and initiatives with our outsourced provider with the objective of enhancing service levels, improving cost efficiency and contributing to a unique employee experience. Carry out regular inspections of the UK & EMEA office space to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Ensure offices are compliant with local Health & Safety legislation.
- Partner with other core business functions within the structure, e.g. Security, Workplace Experience, Workplace Delivery etc. to provide co-operation and assistance as required to support the delivery of their services.
- Provide leadership to foster an engaged community across UK & EMEA offices. Explore opportunities for connecting geographically dispersed employees, teams and leaders.
- Negotiate and/or mediate on space, occupancy and project related issues to reach the best outcome for the business.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship development skills, with the ability to communicate effortlessly at all levels within the organization
- 3+ years of experience working within a Facilities Management environment with responsibility for Hard & Soft Services and Standard SLA’s & KPI’s
- A positive “can do” attitude and a willingness to become totally at one with office Leaderships’ expectations.
- Familiarity with construction management principles, and the ability to lead small projects as needed.
- A good knowledge of Building Services, Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC
- Exemplary financial stewardship from planning and managing operational and capital budgets within a narrow variance band.
- Previous experience in a customer oriented role
- Qualification in relevant Facilities Management discipline
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification desirable
- Must have the ability to travel between the local offices when required
- Strong analytical skills to understand and identify root causes, trends and opportunities
- Other language skills, preferred but not essential