Health and Safety ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Manager to work with senior stakeholders to ensure that their Health & Safety compliance (OHSAS 18001) is enhanced and maintained across the estate.
- Health & Safety – ensure a strict adherence to Health and Safety compliance for labs, workshops, project rooms in line with OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001 and the H&S Policy. Provide regular (monthly or quarterly as agreed) status updates to the Board. Lead the H&S Committee.
- Approve all COSHH and Risk assessments for all projects
- Manage the Occupational Health Screening programme for all staff
- Responsible for the Health and Safety Budget(s).
- Provide First aid and specialist Trauma cover
- Lab and Workshop Manager – oversee all the activities in the lab, food spaces, projects Spaces and workshop ensuring the operating procedures, risk assessments and method statements are adhered to. Ensure access to the correct consumables and calibrated equipment (where applicable). Manage the stores and washing up Facility. Manage the provision of new equipment and the Calibration equipment register.
- Ensure that labs and workshops are appropriately decommissioned and cleaned. Management Lab and workshop waste system, in accordance with ISO 14001.
- Space allocation – ensuring that client assignments, and internal jobs, are allocated space which is suitable for their needs within the Lab and Workshop in line with the Facilities Manager. The H&S Manager will have the authority to grant space requests and remove space allocations where applicable.
- Maintain the pipeline of work ensuring that all projects have the correct and appropriate space to work, in accordance with quality and safety guidelines.
- Quality management – ensuring that all lab and workshop users are aware of their responsibilities for specific compliance requirements for the spaces that they utilise; and that responsibilities are adhered to. The H&S Manager will have the authority to close lab and workshop spaces that do not comply. The H&S Manager will conduct internal audits as required to assess compliance of lab and workshop users to the Quality Management System.
- Ensure that all equipment in is calibrated, serviced and maintained in accordance with ISO accreditations and H&S legislation.
- Demonstrable experience of H&S in facilities such as laboratories, cGMP, Clean Rooms and Cat 2 Biology suites engineering, production, manufacturing and distribution
- Demonstrable experience working with accredited management systems such as OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Strong project management skills, with experience in writing specifications for Labs, workshop, food and project spaces.
- As a minimum, NEBOSH diploma or NVQ Level 5 In Occupational Health and Safety
- GradIOSH or CMIOSH status
- Level 3 in Food Safety Management
- HNC in Applied Biology, specialized in Microbiology
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of H&S regulations and legislation, including DSEAR, with a minimum of 5 years working within a practical Health and safety management role
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.