Assistant Facilities Manager (Engineering)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a global financial services firm, is recruiting a permanent Facilities Management Engineer to work in the heart of Central London in one of the Capitals most recognisable buildings, 20 Fenchurch Street (The Walkie Talkie Building).
Their engineering team seeks an established engineer to join their London office to contribute to design, maintenance and expansion of our office and data center facilities. The group you will join is composed of highly technical individuals that are responsible for the physical environments for the firm’s European and Global operations. The specific discipline an individual has worked in is less important than a proven commitment to excellence, sound design experience and an ability to demonstrate well-reasoned engineering decisions. Work will be collaborative in nature, with specific responsibilities spanning all aspects of our physical infrastructure. Current members of the team have diverse backgrounds, ranging from construction/project management to mechanical and electrical engineering.
• 3 years working with the maintenance and operation of mission critical data centres, trading floors, or similar 24/7 environments.
• Familiarity of MEP disciplines including plant infrastructure, CRACs, UPS’s, office HVAC, generators, fire prevention systems, lighting control systems and building management systems.
• Experience managing facilities and vendors, and anticipating maintenance needs for providing 24/7 support for critical infrastructure.
• Design work for trading rooms or dealing desks is a plus.
• Strong computer skills.
• Accustomed to working with technical people in an IT-centric environment.
• Working knowledge of data centre and dealing desk equipment and their mechanical and electrical performance profiles.
• Understanding of health & safety requirements.
• Willingness and ability to solve small problems in the field.
Candidates should be handy enough to not always need a tradesman.
• Ability to be part of an on-call rotation.
• Ability to respond to critical system emergencies.
• Experience working with professionally diverse teams, and interfacing with non-engineers and multiple business units.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• The ability to describe detailed problems with brevity and accuracy.
Please Apply Below