Senior Facilities / Workspace ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client is one of the most successful brands in the world. The internal FM & Workspace team manage locations across the globe. They are ambitious, hardworking and pull together to get results in the busiest of times. In order to keep up with the demands of the business, good teamwork is essential.
This is a vital role assisting the Head of Facilities & Workspace and supporting the management of service delivery and operational delivery at a large Customer Care Centre.
This role is responsible for the successful delivery across all aspects of hard and soft service delivery ensuring full statutory compliance, management of all vendors, leading the on-site team, site and ensuring financial management of the budget for the site placing superior customer care at the core of all aspects of the day-to-day operation.
This role is also responsible for other sites in Birmingham and, the global regional offices in Europe, Australia and The U.S. Acting as the senior point of escalation to facilitate resolution of all workspace issues globally.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced property professional to join a fast-paced customer focussed environment
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead delivery of workspace strategy across all sites in remit
- Responsible for ensuring workspace are represented during any fit-out, relocation or refurbishment project and that new sites are operationally ready for occupation
- Responsible for the delivery of all hard and soft services including, catering, cleaning, security, M&E, fabric at all sites in remit
- Manages the workspace budget for sites including for any workspace project works
- Demonstrates leadership, gives direction and mentors their team to promote engagement and excellence in customer service and delivery
- Promotes high level of satisfaction among client users by promptly responding to their service requirements and, ensures prompt responses by other team members and contractors to exceed customer expectations at all times
- Develops a close working relationship with all of the vendors under his/her control to ensure that they fully understand the Client culture and are made to feel part of the team delivering a high-quality service
- Management of the Building Management Systems and understand other critical systems including UPS, generator, fire alarm etc
- Ensures delivery of PPM in line with agreed timelines and monitors vendors to ensure service delivery in line with KPI/SLAs
- Ensures compliance with local legislative requirements and best practice, policies and procedures
- Acts as go-to person in relation to all FM activities for sites within their remit ensuring potential roadblocks are identified and removed
- Supports crisis management planning and process
- Has ability to address minor technical repairs and is first point of contact relating to all building issues
- Monitors and ensures office housekeeping and cleanliness is delivered to highest quality level
- Communicates in an open, honest, transparent manner at all times with the ability to tailor the message to specific audience and their needs
- Deputise for Head of Facilities & Workspace as and when required
Our client would love to meet someone with…
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence decisions at all levels and command respect from all areas of the business
- The ability to assert expertise and achieve objectives diplomatically
- The ability to combine a strategic outlook with a hands-on attitude
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills
- Strong strategic skills, especially in relation to property management, building project management, space requirements and maintenance
- The ability to manage simultaneous projects and deliver the core role effectively in a pressured environment
- Professional with a strong service driven mentality and a pragmatic approach
- The ability to influence decision making
- Being a coaching and motivating manager that sets examples in work standards, speed and quality of delivery
- Commitment to the highest standards of customer service
- Evidence of managing medium/large building projects covering project conception, planning, budget management and control, time scale, team health and safety and quality management
- Good technical knowledge (including construction, heating, air conditioning, plant rooms, lighting), managing SLAs, KPIs and contractors
- Robust team management experience (including developing staff, performance management and carrying out reorganisations
- Proven experience of delivering high quality work in a similar role
- A track record of having improved services and output through managing third party contracts
- Membership of a relevant professional body (eg. BIFM, IFMA or RICS)
- Property, Facilities Management and/or Building Services related qualification (BIFM Qual, BSc, DipFM or MSc) would be an advantage
This is a highly varied role within a leading brand. If you’re looking for your next challenge and the opportunity to make the most of your skills, please apply now.
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response for this role, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.