Deputy Facilities Officer (Contract role)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a hugely successful Charity, are seeking a Facilities Manager to join their team for a minimum period of 6 months.
- Assisting the Facilities Officer in the provision of services and facilities for all Prospect premises
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and other services; Gas, Water and Electricity contracts; Monitoring and operation of Building Management Systems; Lifts; Window cleaning and associated equipment; Cleaning contracts.
- Liaising with contractors on general maintenance and renovation of building, fire doors, and equipment; Provision of office furniture and equipment (excluding computers) but including photocopiers. Monitoring of all contractors on site.
- Security: Liaise with security company and monitoring of security officer. Monitoring of all security arrangements, including access systems.
- Dealing with repairs/replacements (furniture and fixtures), refurbishment and decorations and reorganisation of office and meeting room accommodation.
- Responsible for ensuring integrity of Fire Alarm systems (including weekly tests) and compliance with relevant Fire & Building regulations.
- Acting as a liaison point for tenants in Prospect House – coordinating provision of services, repairs, H&S, security, general troubleshooting, etc.
- Liaise with neighbours over access, noise, etc
- To assist the Facilities Officer with matters relating to office relocations/redevelopments/refurbishment:
- Assisting the Facilities Officer to ensure that services and facilities are provided and maintained in Prospect Regional offices
- Budgetary aspects of Premises and Facilities
- Sustainability and Environmental programme
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of Prospect premises and plans relating to Regional offices and Prospect House developments
- Knowledge of statutory or other requirements as they relate to office premises (e.g. health & safety, fire regs, building standards, disability compliance, space, tenancies, etc)
- Knowledge of policy and standards relating to waste & recycling, energy efficiency and sustainability would be valuable
- Qualifications in facilities management, and Health & Safety are desirable but not essential
- IOSH Qualified
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Communication skills – oral, written and electronic
- Interpersonal skills with staff, members, suppliers, contractors, tenants
- Skills relating to budgeting and financial planning and record-keeping
- Computing skills including MS Office and Prospect Network/Internet
- Experience of assisting in managing office facilities – services, security, repairs, refurbishment, office moves, tenants
- Experience or organising projects within financial and time constraints
- Experience of procuring supplies (services, office supplies and equipment
- Team-working (experience of working with other staff or suppliers)
- Ability to organise projects to meet specifications, budgets and deadlines
- Ability to build and sustain relations with staff, members, suppliers and others
- Ability to show initiative and be flexible in dealing with new situations or crises
- Good timekeeping and attendance record and preparedness to undertake out of hours duties of post
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting interests and priorities
- An eye for detail and completing/finishing pieces of work
- Willingness to contribute to forward planning and strategy
- Willingness to embrace change in all aspects of Prospect’s organisation and activities in pursuit of building a successful union
- Commitment to Prospect and to the union movement in its widest sense
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 903 4265 to discuss in more detail.
The deadline for applications is Friday 4th May 2018.