Office Supervisor (Permanent)Back to Vacancies List
This is an exciting permanent role within a premium listed, multi-million-pound Lloyds of London Underwriters. This industry-standard client has asked Maxwell Stephens to find a determined and ambitious Office Supervisor for their offices in the City of London.
The role will be to maintain the efficient operation of the office environment, including overseeing and managing supplier services. Responsible for ensuring the Company complies with the Health and Safety aspects of the office, including fire safety.
- General duties to include dealing with post, arranging couriers, and managing office equipment. Responsible for ensuring the office environment is operating smoothly and efficiently. Dealing with problems and liaising with staff, building managers and contractors.
- Responsible for all facility and office related services and contracts, including the performance of supplier’s and control of costs. These services are; cleaning, office maintenance, photocopiers, vending machines, office suppliers, couriers, archiving.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety matters in relation to the office and employee’s working environment. This will involve ensuring checks are carried out on all utilities and maintaining accurate records, (for example portable appliance testing, emergency lighting, water sampling).
- Responsible for the Fire safety arrangements for the office including fire officer’s duties and training, maintaining records in relation to fire drills, and ensuring any actions are addressed. Expected to become a Fire Officer.
- Maintain accurate records in relation to archiving and oversee all aspects of the service provided.
- Manage the in/out of post and delivery services; including packages, supplies and stationery.
- Assisting with any office moves, with responsibility for the facilities related aspect of the move.
- Ad hoc duties, as and when required.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with ability to prioritise workload, and create own processes.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work on own initiative, whilst keeping the Head of IT appraised of developments.
- Able to work with suppliers to ensure service standards are maintained (supplier management).
- Good knowledge of office operations in order to assess problems, rectify minor matters, and discuss and agree solutions for more significant issues.
- Good financial understanding in order to manage and oversee supplier costs.
- Competent in the use of standard office IT applications, especially Excel.
This is a highly diverse and responsible role in the heart of London, perfect for those looking to further develop their FM skillset within a fast-paced environment.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay.