Building Services Engineer (Water Hygiene Manager)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful education establishment, are now looking for a Water Hygiene Contract Manager to join their team.
This role is for a full time manager, preferably from the water hygiene industry who will have a vast knowledge of water legislation, water treatment plant (ClO2, softeners, RO, etc) and closed systems.
This role will also be responsible for managing various sub-contractors with a budget of circa £500,000.
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate and deliver projects/tasks; liaise closely with other Professional & Technical staff within Estates to ensure coordinated, effective, customer focused solutions and delivery.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers to meet the overall mission.
- Procure, commission and manage a range of services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate.
- Draft minor project briefs and documentation, specifications and service standards; manage tender process, service delivery and the performance of service providers, including contractors and DLO as appropriate.
- Carry out pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations etc.
- Manage/undertake inspections, surveys, risk assessments, feasibility studies and diagnostic fault finding and initiate appropriate actions; establish the most practical and effective resolution of problems.
- Maintain up to date knowledge to carry out professional services activities e.g. Dilapidation assessments, insurance assessment and claims, third party wall, DDA, Building Regulations, historic buildings etc.
- Manage maintenance projects ensuring compliance with specifications, cost estimates and timescales.
- Prepare regular management/performance information to Team Leader and EM&I Senior Management Team as required.
- Manage delegated budgets for assigned programmes and service provisions.
- Liaise frequently with other Estates Project Managers to ensure that maintenance needs arising from new construction and major refurbishment are recognised, recorded and planned for.
- Ensure the accurate and timely compilation and maintenance of essential records and data; maintain relevant records, inputting data to systems as required; assist in the compilation of detailed asset registers.
- Contribute positively to EM&I’s collective approach to managing the effective procurement and performance of service providers, including service standards, costs, health & safety.
- Drive Contactor management (Financial, Quality, Site management/safety, and Performance) taking ownership as the client representative on project works, service delivery within role.
- Relevant professional qualification and experience.
- Evidence of ongoing self- development/training.
- Current training in management & control of Legionella.
- Extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge including the management of maintenance operations using contractors and directly employed staff
- Thorough knowledge and experience of maintenance operations in a large multi- site organisation
- Project management, contract procurement and service management in changing environment.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to email@example.com.