Facilities Manager (12 Month Contract)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading educational establishment, are now looking for a Facilities Manager to supervise and monitor the delivery of a range of maintenance and facilities services for a 12 Month Contract to cover a maternity cover.
To provide a key point of contact for building users within the designated area on maintenance and facilities services issues.
[edsanimate_start entry_animation_type= “fadeIn” entry_delay= “0” entry_duration= “2” entry_timing= “linear” exit_animation_type= “” exit_delay= “” exit_duration= “” exit_timing= “” animation_repeat= “1” keep= “yes” animate_on= “load” scroll_offset= “” custom_css_class= “”][edsanimate_end]
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and support the Senior Facilities Manager to ensure the provision of efficient, effective maintenance & facilities services within a delegated site or group of buildings.
- Oversee/monitor the safe, efficient and effective provision of services; give instructions to staff and contractors and monitor progress, standards, costs etc.; initiate and manage the resolution of routine problems arising
- Proactively develop and maintain effective customer/stakeholder relationships through a network of key contacts.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve services and facilities within the Area; initiate minor improvement work or service variations within delegated budgets.
- Deputise for the Senior Facilities Managers by attending relevant committees, working groups, project teams etc.
- Monitor, report and take appropriate actions in respect of fire safety issues, including the storage of materials, fire door operations, smoke/heat detectors etc.
- Liaise closely with client departments; monitor projects and services to ensure that they meet customer expectations and are delivered to specification, on time and within budget;
- Advise and assist in the planning and co-ordination of maintenance and facilities work on site to minimise disruption and inconvenience to users; communicate effectively with client departments re ongoing work, progress etc.
- Work with Facilities Teams, Room Bookings, client departments and contractors to ensure that events are properly managed and services for events delivered efficiently and with minimum disruption.
- Communicate effectively with client departments/stakeholders; monitor projects and services to ensure that they meet customer expectations and are delivered to specification, on time and within budget; provide relevant feedback;
- Liaise with Project Managers and assist in the oversight of projects on site; assess the potential impact of projects on building users and communicate accordingly;
- Support and assist client departments in the development of briefs and cost estimates for minor works.
- Oversee and administer the procurement and delivery of approved minor works; liaise as necessary with other Estates teams.
- Issue or revise work instructions via the Customer Services Centre, work/purchase orders, the system or in person.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of essential records, including asset register, asbestos register, Health and Safety Information and PPM records etc.,
- Assist in the development of a performance management framework and associated reporting.
- Carry out pre and post inspections of work to establish resource needs, priorities, working methods and approval of completed works.
- Liaise with Estates’ contract managers and service providers (e.g. cleaning, waste management, security); contribute to the drafting of service specifications, project briefs etc. via the Senior FM.
- Compile and co-ordinate data, statistics, financial and performance returns etc.; produce reports as required;
- Attend and contribute to meetings, presenting information as required;
- Work with other Senior Facilities teams to provide support, coordination and cross cover across the campus.
- Practical experience in the supervision and monitoring of estates services/operations using contractors and directly employed staff;
- Practical knowledge, understanding and application of relevant Health and Safety legislation;
- Experience of integrated estates management systems and Help-desk operations; financial and performance monitoring and reporting;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with a customer focused approach;
- Strong IT literacy skills
- A relevant professional qualification (Building/Engineering Maintenance, Facilities Management etc.)
- Project management experience
- Conversant with developments in sustainability and environmental issues, including energy conservation
- Experience within complex building and engineering infrastructure
- Good presentational and influencing skills
- Experience and understanding of service specifications, contracts, service level agreements etc.