Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-recognised property company, are now looking for a Building Manager for an iconic central Birmingham building. This site is seen as the ‘jewel in the crown’ to our client and they are looking for someone who is dedicated and can take full ownership of the building.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives from first class customer care and will be committed in delivering the best service possible.
- Relationships – to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, estate surveyors, contractors, tenants and occupiers.
- Tenant liaison – To liaise regularly with all tenants to keep them informed of actions, work and activities associated with the day to day running of the building, including anything out of the ordinary that may impact on daily routines. This can be daily if required
- Tenancy and building issues changes – to refer all tenancy issues to Estate Surveyors and be aware how own actions can implicate the terms of the lease.
- Service charge – to produce a draft service charge budget to reflect the estimated running costs of the property to include correct allocation of costs and to allow direct recovery as applicable.
- Payments and invoicing – Raise Purchase orders and to code and authorise payment of invoices within approved FM element of service charge budget.
- Property inspection – to undertake monthly detailed inspection and produce an inspection report. Act immediately on any issues found.
- Reactive works and Helpdesk – to ensure tenants are aware and utilise fully the Service Desk facility. To oversee Helpdesk activity and ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Contracts and contractor management – Manage all aspects of contractor day to day activities at site, including Health and Safety in the ‘common parts’. Ensure that contractors follow Cushman & Wakefield Rules for Contractors.
- Health & Safety Risk Assessments – Ensure that the following Risk Assessments are undertaken by William Martin Compliance on an annual basis
- Building Emergency Procedures- to produce or update building emergency procedures. Ensure that tenants and staff are fully aware and ensure the implementation of these plans
- Complaints – to respond to and resolve any complaints within a minimal timescales, to communicate regularly with all parties, to escalate concerns where applicable and to recommend process or service improvements as relevant. To report any complaints received from Tenants, Clients, members of the public or other employees immediately to your Line Manager.
- Construction understanding & management
- Customer care
- Highly experienced in budgeting / service charge reconciliations
- Health & Safety in Tower buildings – fire / complicated fire strategies
- Elogbooks management
- Takes full ownership but accepts outside influence easily
- Dedicated and wants to be the best
- Business savvy – lots of tenants to relate to and external groups
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!