Assistant Operations ManagerBack to Vacancies List
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To support the Operations/Senior Manager in ensuring the operational performance and contractual compliance of the three London LIFTCos through:
- Developing an understating of the Project Documents, including but not limited to the associated Service Provider Agreements.
- Taking direct accountability for managing specific areas of the LIFTCo portfolio such as health & safety and the operational performance of the FM provider(s).
- Maintaining robust monitoring systems for the Hard FM Provider(s) based on their Agreements.
- Contributing to timely and accurate reports as required by the Operations / Senior Operations Manager.
- Acting as liaison between CHP, CCG’s, and tenants for sites in the absence of the Operations / Senior Operations Manager.
- Building and sustaining excellent professional relationships with the Hard FM Service Provider(s).
- Monitoring and reporting of Project Cos’ contractual compliance with the Project Documentation in matters relating to operational delivery.
- Supporting the Operations / Senior Operations Manager in project managing any capital works for the non-LIFT estate as required.
- Taking an active role in Strategic Asset Management work as required.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of the Project Agreements
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Project Documentation and associated schedules.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Hard FM Agreements.
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations Manager as required to ensure that all key contractual obligations and deliverables of the Hard FM Service Provider(s) are known, recorded, fulfilled and monitored.
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations Manager as required to ensure that all contractual obligations relating to Energy Management are known, recorded, fulfilled and monitored.
Operational and Financial Management
- Performance Monitor, undertake and record periodic inspection & compliance audits of the Hard FM Service Provider(s) and health & safety compliance.
- Provide day to day contact for CHP, tenants and CCG’s
- Within those areas of direct accountability:
- Participate contract meetings
- Led by the Operations / Senior Operations Manager, ensure accurate monitoring and reporting of Project Co contractual compliance.
- Track the monthly status of deductions and service failure points reported by the FM Provider(s) in relation to specified contractual thresholds.
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations Manager in managing the resolution of identified defects and ensure timely and detailed condition surveys are undertaken in order to allow notification of all defects to constructors in advance of the 12 year defect liability period.
- Audit all Hard FM reports and data required for the preparation of service delivery reports.
- Produce and contribute to routine monthly reports and ad-hoc reports on specific items for the Operations / Senior Operations Manager.
- Assist the Operations / Senior Operations Manager in reviewing invoices submitted for payment by the Hard FM Provider as part of the pre-payment authorisation process.
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships.
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations Manager to develop and deliver the annual Operations Improvement Plan
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations Manager to develop and deliver the annual Tenant Customer Satisfaction process and formulation of an action plan
Lifecycle & Strategic Asset Management
Lifecycle & Strategic Asset Management
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations Manager to ensure robust project management of Project Co variations and any capital works for the non-LIFT estate.
- Led by the Operations / Senior Operations Manager, manage LIFT Small Works Projects & allocated Capital Projects
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations Manager to drive Business Development through generating and delivering variable income workstreams
- Support the Operations / Senior Operations in preparing Hard FM performance reports for board meetings.
- Assist the Operations / Senior Operations as required in the submission of information to Board meetings and in completing the actions from any matters arising.
- Contribute to the client’s corporate activities, meetings and audits as required.
- Produce and regularly update operations manuals, trackers and schedules to ensure team resilience as directed by the Operations / Senior Operations Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the client.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and living the client’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain performance monitoring regimes.
- Ability to develop good contractual awareness.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and the ability to work with new technology.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to work systematically to achieve deadlines.
- Desirable PFI exposure such as from a supply chain perspective (constructor or FM) or administrative perspective such as Project Coordination type role
- Health and Safety regulations understanding and knowledge
- Compliance monitoring and reporting experience
- Experience of dealing with Client’s organisation representatives.
- Professional in approach, outward looking and confident.
- Attention to detail with strong organisational, prioritisation and planning skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication & presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Resilient & able to work under pressure
Education & Qualifications
- Degree level qualification preferably in a construction, FM or project management related discipline
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org