Building Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
They are looking for someone who is familiar with building operations such as leases and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
This role will be standard hours 9-5 but offers flexible working, it is for you to work out what works best and where you need to be each day.
- Effective management of our property portfolio, maintaining relationships with all stakeholders including building managers, agents and landlords. Review lease obligations and refer where necessary. Proactively prepare comprehensive portfolio project plans not limited to; break notices, lease renewals, additional flexible serviced provisions and potential relocations.
- Oversee the successful delivery and management of all facilities-lead services (property maintenance, facilities management, catering services) in a multi-site commercial property environment.
- To be the key contact for Facilities and Health & Safety across the business, building effective working relationships with key stakeholders at all sites and providing best practice advice at all times.
- Provide a decisive response to significant delivery challenges displaying proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking, identifying long-term goals and specific objectives in order to achieve these.
- Identify service improvements, liaising with key stakeholders to resolve issues and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Engage external contractors, liaising with the central procurement team to ensure best value for money, regularly reviewing contracts and SLA’s, with re-tender and award when necessary.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of statutory compliance and health and safety as it relates to multi-tenanted commercial property.
- Service charge management and budgeting from a corporate occupier perspective.
- Lead by example in promoting a positive Health and Safety behavioural culture, whilst assisting to develop fit for purpose safety systems that support an efficient and safe working environment.
- Keep up to date with Health and Safety legislation and ensure the Firm’s policies and procedures exhibit the same, to include risk assessment, advising the business on legislative changes and implementing the same.
- Establish, implement and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health, Safety and the environment are adhered throughout our portfolio.
- Implement and manage environmental activities e.g., ISO14001 working with our CSR Team.
- Accountability for team performance, with direct line management of the Facilities Team Leader.
- Work with the Facilities Team Leader in order to set and review team KPIs; using MI to create reporting structures and statistics for ongoing performance and driving best practice in order to maximise efficiency and productivity.
- Conduct site inspections and audits across our offices as and when necessary.
- Co-ordinate the allocation of appropriate space in all offices including space planning, fit out, furniture replacement, and storage requirements.
- Act as project manager on all facilities projects under the direction of the Head of Legal Support & Facilities.
- Take an active role in Business Continuity Planning and the central Management Incident Team.
- Ensure physical security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years proven experience in a Facilities & HSE role, operating at both a strategic and operational level.
- Previous involvement in commercial property management would be advantageous.
- The ability to work under pressure and the desire to find solutions to business challenges are key attributes.
- You will have a strategic and logical approach and have experience of managing relationships at all levels, with the ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level.
- You will also have a strong understanding of tender process, specification writing and planned & reactive maintenance procedures and process.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- ISO 18001 – proven experience of implementing and auditing to retain accreditations
- A comprehensive understanding and experience of all aspects of Health, Safety & Environment (including legislation, audit handling and management systems).
- Excellent attention to detail, report writing and communication skills
- NEBOSH – Environmental Certificate and experience of ISO 14001, planning & implementing are also desirable.
Send your CV or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org