Senior Maintenance TechnicianBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a world leading education establishment, have assigned us to recruit for a Senior Maintenance Technician.
The post holder will be responsible for undertaking hard services planned preventative and reactive maintenance throughout designated sites. This role is critical to maintaining functions, and is part of a specialist team of operational maintenance technicians focussing upon critical, essential, statutory and non-essential systems and asset operational maintenance
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business critical systems within their building portfolio.
- Carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites critical, electrical and HVAC services.
- Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and periodically update as may be required.
- Manage and conduct fault finding across all engineering infrastructures.
- Conduct statutory system and asset testing and report accordingly.
- Deal responsibly with emergencies and breakdowns.
- Attendance may also be required occasionally outside normal hours to deal with certain maintenance procedures and specialist critical system contractors.
- Deliver and comply with all Statutory, Company and Client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards applicable to the College environment.
- You will be expected to deliver a high level of Customer focused service and participated in additional training when required
- Liaise with, monitor and control the activities of all outside contractors working on site
- Minimise the risk of plant failure and breakdown and promote a Reliability Centred and Conditioned based proactive maintenance process.
- Provide Pastoral leadership and day to day guidance of Technicians and assistants within their workgroup.
What You’ll Need
- Certified (currently valid) Mechanical, Electrical or HVAC Craft Apprenticeship.
- City & Guilds Certificate within an appropriate building services discipline
- 17th Edition of the IEE wiring regulations BS7671 (if electrical)
- IOSH Supervising Safely
- Grades A –C In English and Maths at GCSE (or equivalent) Level
- Awareness of individual responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and ability to identify and report any untoward accident, incident or potentially hazardous situation as necessary
- Significant experience maintaining and operating building services in a complex building
- Significant post qualification experience.
- Experience of working with electronic CAFM system
- ONC in an Engineering discipline
- Electrical Testing BS2391
- Previous experience in the University / HE sector
- Supervisory Experience of multi-disciplinary staff