Health and Safety ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-recognised non-profit organisations, have asked us to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team. You will be reporting directly to the Director and work with their CEO on related projects as required.
40 hours (37.5 hours per week plus unpaid lunchbreaks)
normally Monday to Friday,
with some early starts/late finishes, occasional weekend working as required
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the CEO on H&S Policy and management thereof throughout the organisation.
- Acting as a deputy safeguarding lead including assisting with launch and rolled out of policy and training.
- Providing advice, guidance and recommendations to the business to ensure a COVID-19 secure environment and keeping abreast of and ensuring appropriate changes to government COVID-19 related restrictions and safety related requirements are implemented.
- Ongoing development of and delivery of return to work Inductions for post COVID-19 returns to on site working and new starter safety related inductions.
- Maintaining and auditing Risk Assessments (RA) across the business.
- Providing advice and guidance to ensure the safety of home workers, including undertaking home visits to staff working at home to audit workstation set up/facilities, fully participating in the Future Working Group.
- Where necessary, facilitating (via managers and heads of departments) the creation and development of risk assessments and SSOW (System of Work) procedures across the organisation
- Reviewing RA’s and SSOW in line with departmental activities and employee training record cards and advising departmental directors of any necessary corrective actions required
- Constantly reviewing the Health & Safety committee purpose and representatives to ensure it is a ‘working’ committee and remains relevant in managing the safety of RSM staff and visitors and recommending changes to Director of Operations as needed.
- Attending and fully participating in Health & Safety meetings quarterly and following up on any actions required from them.
- Attending and participating within the Wellbeing Steering Committee and working with HR to provide training solutions associated to mental health wellbeing.
- Assisting in ensuring our BCP plan is up to date and in BCP related planning and dry runs.
- Maintaining and managing the ‘Shield Yourself’ system.
- Performing Health & Safety audits as scheduled.
- Ensuring the Health & Safety policy document is current and compliant.
- Reviewing, updating the FSMS, risk assessment and policy documents to ensure current and compliant
- Scheduling and overseeing practice fire evacuation drills at least twice per annum and taking steps to implement any corrective actions if required. Auditing and restocking emergency evacuation items
- In conjunction with departmental Directors arranging suitable and sufficient Fire wardens for the business, and delivering in house their subsequent training.
- Reviewing fire warden and first aider duty documents and amending where necessary. Organising, purchasing and accounting for First Aid Supplies, or PPE if required to do so
- Advising Society employees on Health &Safety matters and best practice when required to do so.
- Organising and delivering in house First Aid Training, Fire warden training, manual handling training and refreshers when required maintaining a register of trained staff.
- Managing insurance inspections for any items as requested by the insurance company
What You’ll Need
- Have achieved as a minimum IOSH Managing Safely however, preference will be given to candidates who have in addition, achieved NEEBOSH level qualifications.
- Be able to demonstrate proven significant experience of reviewing, implementing and auditing companywide health and safety policies and practices.
- Have significant experience of complying with Health and Safety responsibilities within a commercial environment including COVID-19 related restrictions/requirements.
- Be qualified and have experience of delivery of in house Fire, Manual Handling and First Aid Training.
- Have experience of undertaking and advising others on how to undertake risk assessments
- Candidates will ideally be a trained mental health fist aider and also have experience of working with HR on provision of guidance around stress risk assessments and training around mental health related wellbeing.
- Have strong people skills, be able to influence and communicate at all levels, be a pro-active self-starter with strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- An excellent knowledge of the legislation associated with safety management.
- Be able to demonstrate the following competencies : Flexibility/Adaptability, Teamworking, Commercial Focus, Proactivity, Influencing, Attention To Detail.