Senior Facilities & Workplace ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a well-established charity, have assigned us to recruit for a senior facilities and workplace manager.
- Gain a full understanding of the current F&W team in terms of their function within the organisation to enable a successful merger with the Global Travel and Events teams to form the new Environment & Workplace Services group.
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring to all team members to encourage personal development and to ensure everyone can work to the best of their capabilities to deliver the required levels of excellent service. Establish a Training Matrix and manage the training budget fairly and appropriately.
- Manage the annual objective process for all direct reports and ensure that they follow the required process for their respective teams.
- Establish positive and proactive working relationships with all direct reports to appreciate their individual and joint contributions to the F&W function, and their contribution to supporting the strategy and mission.
- Monitor all activity via the F&W Tracking Document and highlight any issues that could impact proposed works and projects. Present findings and recommendations at the weekly Team Meeting.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the company, e.g. Finance, Procurement, Health & Safety, Design & Technology, Audit and Risk.
- Establish a positive working relationship with the Collection to ensure that all their requirements can be met via F&W Service Partners and the in-house team.
- Gain a full understanding of the current F&W external Service Partners who deliver M&E, Cleaning, Security, Catering and the gym. Review all operating procedures to ensure that they meet the requirements and expectations of the company and that they are in line with the market capabilities of each sector. Undertake benchmarking exercises to demonstrate findings and make recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor all other contractual arrangements which form part of the F&W budget, e.g. business rates, utilities, etc.
- Work with the F&W Projects team to establish the revised management process to deliver the proposed annual projects plan. Ensure the resource model is appropriate to support fluctuating demands.
- Support the Space Planning function as required once plans are confirmed on changes recommended to the current building layout as part of plans to re-occupy the buildings in line with the “future ways of working” project
- Ensure that the Business Continuity Plans for F&W are reviewed and updated as required in line with guidance from Risk, and that all plans dovetail with the F&W Incident Management process.
- Work closely with H&S to ensure that F&W are compliant at all times and in all respects across all functions. Represent F&W on the H&S Forum as required.
- Review all current processes, practices and documentation within F&W to ensure they meet requirements in terms of compliance; make recommendations for improvements to enhance levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review all current business systems engaged by F&W to understand the support they provide and identify any opportunities for improvement. Work with the Help Desk to roll out the new Condeco room booking process. Ensure all contracts for business systems are managed at the right level within the F&W team.
- Develop a robust financial reporting framework to ensure transparency of costs at all levels; track internal F&W spend against budget to prepare commentary for monthly Service Partner and Finance meetings.
- Act as the key point of contact for Legal in respect of all Real Estate issues.
- Take the lead on major projects which impact the estate, e.g. HS2. Attend meetings as required and constantly assess any risks, escalating as necessary. Ensure preparations are made in advance of any compulsory external works that could impact building operations.
- Establish positive working relationships with external parties such as Camden Council, TFL, the highways authorities and neighbours. Represent the company as required to monitor any activity that could impact buildings or staff.
- Build, manage, lead and motivate an integrated, inclusive and flexible team, ensuring that people with the right range of skills and experience are recruited and retained, and that their skills and professional capabilities are maximised.
- Be the owner of the risk and control environment for your area and be accountable for the quality of you and your team’s outputs
- Contribute to the creation and development of a diverse and inclusive culture across the organisation, collaborating across departments.
- Exercise cost control and manage expenditure to work within the agreed operating budget
- Ensure adherence to our compliance policies.
- Undertake any other work that may be reasonably required from time to time
Undertake work in accordance with policies and principles.
- A thorough operational knowledge of all key facilities management services, especially the core deliverables outlined above.
- Experience of providing management support to staff, e.g. objective setting, mentoring, coaching and development.
- Experience of managing Service Partners and third parties at all levels, i.e. liaising with off-site senior management and working with on-site teams to deliver agreed scopes and standards, including the setting and monitoring of KPIs and SLAs.
- Experience of operating in a commercial environment with the ability to deliver key services within agreed financial frameworks.
- Proven ability in driving and delivering improvement programmes.
- Knowledge of FM systems (ideally Concept, Condeco and Concur), processes and procedures to demonstrate best practice, transparency and compliance.
- Appropriate professional membership level within IWFM.
- Strong people management skills and proven ability to deliver results via teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with people at all levels within the organization, and externally.
- Good financial management skills with the ability to monitor budgets on a monthly basis to identify and rectify areas of concern.
A solid educational background, ideally with a relevant degree or additional Facilities management training or qualifications.