Facilities Assistant – Ref 769Back to Vacancies List
To act as the Facilities Assistant for the London office of our client, whom are a financial services organisation, comprising of some 700 staff occupying several floors in a skyscraper in the City of London.
The role itself will provide excellent support to ensure the efficient operation the facilities function on a daily basis, to deal with the day to day issues at the London office and to support the Facilities Coordinator.
Principal Responsibilities & Duties:
- Full time role
- Available as 24/7 emergency contact for office emergencies, weekend works
- Liaise with contractors re office maintenance issues (e.g. lighting, air conditioning, cleaning etc.)
- Arranging Photo ID’s for staff
- Co-ordination with Facilities Coordinator on floor seating plans/requirements/desk moves
- One of the primary telephone contacts for problems during office hours (acting as phone / email co-ordinator with relevant parties only)
- Call out responsibilities for office machine faults e.g. Coffee machines
- Zip Taps, water machines & vending machine / supplies
- Supervision of contractors and manage deliveries
- Ordering stationery and stock take
- Regular housekeeping and cleaning checks
- Manage archiving
- Deal with office furniture issues
- Oversee tea point daytime cleaning and restock
- Oversee catering facilities
- Invoicing/Requisitioning for supply expenses
- Assistance in the management of the Reception & Concierge team as required
- Support the plans/capabilities, including maintenance of data and documentation for this purpose
- First aid duties
- Carry out H&S inductions for new starters
- General housekeeping
- Act as Senior Fire Marshall in the absence of the Facilities Coordinator
- Carry out DSE Assessments
Required Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Some Facilities Management background, ideally within a City corporate environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good levels of common sense & an ability to respond quickly and effectively to enquiries
- A great ability to multi-task whilst maintaining a calm & professional presence
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel & Outlook are essential
- Excellent telephone manner, proactive & forward thinking, reliable & mature attitude, strong work ethic & good sense of humour!
- Able to handle customer issues/complaints professionally, efficiently and calmly but confident to “push back” if/when appropriate in a professional manner
- Expected to be obtaining relevant FM certifications and qualifications
- Microsoft Word/Outlook/Excel – Intermediate level.
- Facilities Management experience
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone and face to face with all stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task with all Facilities responsibilities.
- Develop a good and effective working relationship with the reception and facilities teams and with external suppliers/contractors