Mechanical Maintenance Engineer – Ref 781Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading financial services company.
This is an opportunity to join a large multi-disciplined facilities team providing all services for over 1,000 staff at a large corporate office. The 110,000 sq ft building in Surrey is fully air conditioned, with Trend BMS control and an automated PPM system.
This role requires you to work in a maintenance team providing full planned and reactive support for all plant and occupants in the office building. You will control the day to day environment in the offices, ensuring all temperatures and air flows remain within agreed boundaries. Maintain, monitor, manage, repair and keep in good working order the mechanical services plant and equipment within the building.
Co-ordinate the maintenance and on site activity of all Mechanical services contractors, ensure that all service schedules are met and that all contractors work within the site rules and complete their work successfully.
Ensure that all installation and maintenance work fully complies with all current regulations and quality standards, also ensure all aspects of Health and Safety relevant to the mechanical services in office accommodation are adhered to.
The role includes providing office cover from 0700 – 1900 and out of hours “on call” emergency cover. Participation in the team rota will be required and the ability to attend site within one hour if required is essential. In addition moves, changes and maintenance may be required at evenings and weekends. Willingness to participate in some of these extra works is essential, overtime and additional allowances are paid for these extra duties.
Skills and Experience
The role requires a Mechanical Services Engineer with experience of working in a commercial office environment and knowledge of all the main components within the air conditioning, boiler and water systems.
- City and Guilds Mechanical Engineering.
- F Gas certification.
- CITB H&S certificate or equivalent.
- Experience in working under ACOP for Water treatment L8
- Experience of Managing and working with contractors would be beneficial
- Experience of working with a Trend and/or Daikin BMS system would be an advantage
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- A self motivated individual
- An excellent communicator
- Able to work with all levels of the organisation, including executive management
- A high level of drive, enthusiasm and commitment
- Able to organise their own time effectively
- Able to work as part of a team or independently
- Takes responsibility for their own training and development