Head of FacilitiesBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a Hedge Fund / Financial Services Company
In this role you will lead the strategic management of all Facilities Management functions to maintain optimum accommodation, environmental and support service standards within our clients FM guidelines and budgetary constraints.
You will lead the facilities management and the provision of services (delivered by third-parties where appropriate) and the business itself. This will include, where required, the sourcing of new sites and negotiation of exit and entry terms working with the Director.
In addition to facilities management, this role will be responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety.
You will provide property advice and recommendations that meet long term business plans, strategy, and business requirements.
- You will manage and monitor all facilities management policies and procedures applicable to all circa 10 sites of the business and any new ones which are opened thereafter.
- Ensure all of the Company’s sites maintain a continually high and professional standard of appearance and function – both for employees and visitors. Sites are a mix of managed and self-managed sites.
- Strategic management of all facilities management contracts and third party service providers and auditing of key performance indicators to ensure agreed contract standards are met or exceeded.
- Through the close management of service providers and landlords you will ensure the timely provision of all statutory test and inspection documentation.
- Manage all remedial actions through to timely and cost effective completion.
- Manage hard facilities management services and developing strategies for the effective maintenance of built and installed assets.
- Manage soft facilities management services and development of strategies for their delivery to meet stakeholder needs whilst responding to organisational culture.
- Regularly review and maintain the currency of the service provider’s quality management, performance monitoring and relevant management information systems.
- Act as the interface between the business and the facilities management providers, and as a filter for requests for change from both parties.
- Foster a partnership approach with the service providers built on co-operation, close liaison and communication, clear expectations, and integrity.
- Manage projects in a time and cost effective way – always keeping in mind and meeting the requirements of the business.
- Working with the core finance team, manage annual budgets relating to all premises revenue and capital costs and review and approve all premise related invoices.
- Lead all environmental and health & safety matters.
- Lead facilities management procurement efforts based upon best practice principles including risk transfer, cost consideration, use of output specifications and key performance indicators.
- The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the capability to perform a management role, must be a full member of BIFM and possess a health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH, or as a minimum IOSH.
- You will be able to demonstrate a full understanding of statutory legislation as it relates to the built environment.
- You will have experience of negotiating and procuring facilities management service contracts based upon best practice principles, with an understanding and working knowledge of performance measurement techniques within the current facilities management market.
- You will have experience of diligently managing customer relationships within organisation and with managing and recommending improvements to SLA’s with customers and facilities service providers.
- You will have experience of the management of facilities management and capital revenue budgets as well as an understanding and appreciation of the concept of the ‘intelligent or informed client function’.
- You will be an effective individual contributor and team player with experience of interacting successfully within an organisation with multiple sites. Demonstrate the ability to delegate where necessary and appropriate but equally ‘roll-up sleeves’ to accomplish key requirements as well.
- You will be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to prioritise competing requirements of the business effectively.
- You will have gained experience in organisations which value responsiveness and resolution of facilities related issues with swift but careful deliberation and resolve.
Please contact Peter Forshaw directly on 0207 118 4848 or email email@example.com